Page 2 of 2

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Apr 28, 2006 9:36pm
by thirdimpact6633
lol, people are Quoting quotes who quoted quotes, who are quoting quotes. The bottom line is that Evangelion is for people who enjoy analyzing things. There's so much to Analyze in this anime that it's still misunderstood by many people. Evangelion is not over-rated. The storyline was an incredible process of thought. Anno studied many different religions, and because he went into denial, and depression, he was able to produce this psychotic anime. Also, it defies tradition and wasn't a Manga before an Anime. I, personally enjoyed all of the symbolism in the characters and angels. Enjoy this anime, and if it's too confusing, then don't watch.

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Apr 28, 2006 9:37pm
by thirdimpact6633
w00ps, repost

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Jul 06, 2006 2:08pm
by Kaze
This anime uses the phycology of a 14 year old's mind, and how it reacts to different situation. Plus the designs of the Angels, Evas, and characters are great. The storyline in itself is good, and the phycobabble are understood by few.

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Jul 07, 2006 12:50am
by Bloody Rain
I would say that the anime is a little overrated but I'm actually quite surprised that it is very popular. It's a really confusing anime that most people wouldn't understand, but it's really popular? I would think that the average person would be like "what the hell is this?". But that could be just me.

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Jul 08, 2006 2:26am
by OniKira
Yeah, as Deacon said, NGE presents itself at first as just another mech anime, but as it goes, it progresses to somethign much more psychological and philosophical. Anno uses the idea of mecha warfare as a paintbrush to paint and portray a story and idea that is more than mecha warfare; something more psychological. And he does it with mastery and delightful confusion.

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Jul 08, 2006 9:01am
by thirdimpact6633
^^ Couldn't have said it better myself

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Jul 08, 2006 4:22pm
by orochi-kun majidani
I didnt mind the storyline or anything.
Its a somewhat different genre of anime for me, and Ive seen the show like 5 times already, but it is different.
Thats all Im gonna say.

[Misato was the best character]

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 4:37am
by thedarkconquerer
its not the best anime, but its definently one of the top 3, in my opnion

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 10:34am
by thirdimpact6633
That's a comment for someone who has not seen End of Evangelion. Unfortunately, you either have to find a friend that has it, or buy it yourself, because it's never gonna go on TV. It's sexual references are too much for the censors, and it's way to complex for the casual viewer to understand. Half of Evangelion is in the series, the other half is in that movie.

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 8:05pm
by thedarkconquerer
ok first, i have seen the movie EoE, it was a great movie, just got abit too biblical towards the end, second, it has come out on tv, on SBS, so :P

Just because i think a couple of other animes are better, doesnt mean i havnt seen the entire thing. The other 2 animes that i like better are, Gundam Wing & Gundam Seed, heck, id probably think that NGE is second, with Gundam seed third

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 8:07pm
by thedarkconquerer
ok first, i have seen the movie EoE, it was a great movie, just got abit too biblical towards the end, second, it has come out on tv, on SBS, so :P

Just because i think a couple of other animes are better, doesnt mean i havnt seen the entire thing. The other 2 animes that i like better are, Gundam Wing & Gundam Seed, heck, id probably think that NGE is second, with Gundam seed third

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Jul 14, 2006 12:32am
by thedarkconquerer
oops, double post, how do you delete it??

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Jul 14, 2006 11:17am
by thirdimpact6633
Lemme correct myself, EoE can't come to Cable TV.

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Jul 14, 2006 10:15pm
by thedarkconquerer
mayby not on cable, but here in aussie, it comes on free tv \:D/ But yer, i have seen the movie, so you cant say "That's a comment for someone who has not seen End of Evangelion." Unless u have proof of it [-X Ok? :P

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Dec 06, 2006 2:07am
by BluejacketT
When I first seen Neon Genesis on TV, I thought it was pretty good. But after I seen Shinji & some other dude naked in the bathtub, I didn't want to watch the first couple of episodes anymore. Just didn't want to watch it no more.

Re: Am I the only one

Posted: Mar 06, 2007 11:50pm
by gogirlanime
besides that argue overkill... I think it's slightly overrated, and I think the reason why that's happened is cuz of the endless "out of story" fandom that has been stured up, like doujinshi, hentai, and fanart of the characters. If the characters weren't as sexy as they are I think the show would be 1/2 as popular. As for the storyline, it's great and the storyline is worth all the popularity. I would say if Evangelion were about 1/5 less popular I would say that's what it should be given