Page 2 of 34

re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? Ask h

Posted: Feb 18, 2006 5:10pm
by Dark*Star
Ohhh...thankies! =D> :mrgreen:

How would you say 'Julie' in Japanese? :-k

re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? Ask h

Posted: Feb 18, 2006 8:20pm
by Ryukon
I hope you guys don't mind me cutting in.

English names aren't that easy to translate, but it would most likely be: Julie = Juuri (sounds kinda like "jury" or "jewely" to me though...)

to Darkbear-san: yes, there's no "v"s in Japanese, but the "b"s take it's place (although when I was over there in Japan for a while they're starting to use the "v" sounds along with "l"s...). But you just about translated the name right.

Also, that "n" thing can turn into a "m" too. Though I'm having a hard time finding out just when that "n" changes.

And "kokoro" can be used, but usually it's referred to the heart-type of spirit. "Tamashii" can work too.

Sorceress-san:

sexy = sekushii (if you mean by adjectives)
geek = otaku

Re: re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? A

Posted: Feb 20, 2006 10:26pm
by asdfsdf
Ryukon wrote:I hope you guys don't mind me cutting in.

to Darkbear-san: yes, there's no "v"s in Japanese, but the "b"s take it's place (although when I was over there in Japan for a while they're starting to use the "v" sounds along with "l"s...). But you just about translated the name right.
here's no "V" sound in Japanese, nor is there a "ti" kana. it would be
Suchiiben <-- hence: I changed the v sound into a b

re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? Ask h

Posted: Feb 20, 2006 10:33pm
by Ryukon
Well, I'm not saying it should be in there, just mentioning that some are experimenting with the "v" sounds when I visited in Japan. It doesn't have to be written as such.

You did translate it right. I wasn't opposing it or anything.

Re: re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? A

Posted: Feb 22, 2006 9:38pm
by asdfsdf
Ryukon wrote:Well, I'm not saying it should be in there, just mentioning that some are experimenting with the "v" sounds when I visited in Japan. It doesn't have to be written as such.

You did translate it right. I wasn't opposing it or anything.
Orange Juice :)

Re: re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? A

Posted: Feb 23, 2006 4:02am
by Ryukon
Darkbear wrote: Orange Juice :)
oishii banana no kunshu 8-[

re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? Ask h

Posted: Feb 23, 2006 5:22am
by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
I'd like to ask a word, heh.

Can anyone answer me what the word for "Blue Wind" is in japanese? And perhaps also get me the japanese writings for the word? Much appreciated

Re: re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? A

Posted: Feb 23, 2006 2:59pm
by asdfsdf
Reno wrote:I'd like to ask a word, heh.

Can anyone answer me what the word for "Blue Wind" is in japanese? And perhaps also get me the japanese writings for the word? Much appreciated
Aoi kaze

青い 風

あおい かぜ

re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? Ask h

Posted: Feb 23, 2006 10:20pm
by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Thanks a bunch mate, but eh like...which of those writings is what? lol

re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? Ask h

Posted: Feb 23, 2006 11:30pm
by Ryukon
The first one is in Roomaji format. The second is with it's respective Kanji symbols and the last one is in Hiragana.

But they're all "Blue Wind".

Re: re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? A

Posted: Feb 24, 2006 9:26am
by asdfsdf
Ryukon wrote:The first one is in Roomaji format. The second is with it's respective Kanji symbols and the last one is in Hiragana.

But they're all "Blue Wind".
Yeah. Use the Kanji one if you wanna look official, sorry I didn't specify the writings. :(

Re: re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? A

Posted: Feb 24, 2006 11:56am
by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Darkbear wrote:
Ryukon wrote:The first one is in Roomaji format. The second is with it's respective Kanji symbols and the last one is in Hiragana.

But they're all "Blue Wind".
Yeah. Use the Kanji one if you wanna look official, sorry I didn't specify the writings. :(
Its ok its ok, you helped atleast and its appreciated. Just got those symbols engraved on my katana ^_^ looks awesome, lol

re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? Ask h

Posted: Feb 25, 2006 7:27pm
by ♥DIVA♥
can anybody tell me what:
1.knives
2.blades
3.rift blade
4.poisononus
5.pain


is translated in jappanese?
thanx

Re: re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? A

Posted: Feb 26, 2006 12:16pm
by asdfsdf
Homunculus_Lust wrote:can anybody tell me what:
1.knives
2.blades
3.rift blade
4.poisononus
5.pain


is translated in jappanese?
thanx
1.banana
2.wa
3.oishikatta
4.hontou
5.desu ne

Re: re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? A

Posted: Feb 26, 2006 8:30pm
by Ryukon
Darkbear wrote:
Homunculus_Lust wrote:can anybody tell me what:
1.knives
2.blades
3.rift blade
4.poisononus
5.pain


is translated in jappanese?
thanx
1.banana
2.wa
3.oishikatta
4.hontou
5.desu ne
ナン ダ? :? (I don't understand why I'm having a difficult time in using IME on my father's settings...)

Re: re: Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? A

Posted: Feb 27, 2006 3:06am
by geishaboy
Darkbear wrote:
Homunculus_Lust wrote:can anybody tell me what:
1.knives
2.blades
3.rift blade
4.poisononus
5.pain


is translated in jappanese?
thanx
1.banana
2.wa
3.oishikatta
4.hontou
5.desu ne
:lol:

俺の美味しいバナナを見せてある!

ンンンン、バナナチップス =P~