Page 2 of 3

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 21, 2006 7:23pm
by Neko Yuki
Okie dokie! it's prolly a pretty ruff translation, but it took me a long time so here it is! :mrgreen: =D> :D/ wooo! i finished it! <3 The lines or verses are put in order the way you put them. :mrgreen:

Moshi anata uso,
Watashi tsumori ikiteiru ni hitosu ki,
Made anata ueru.

Moshi anata hanasu ano shinjitsu,
Watashi suru nai shinpai moshi anata suru onaji ni watashi.

Watashi hagimeru ni gimon damasu no ja'aku,
Are aru niteiru shinjitsu,"Anata aru nanimo ni kyofu made ki tsuku."soshite,
imasuguni ki tsuku.
Junbi suru jiban.

Moshi nan no kare yokyu sono ni arawareru,
Watashi tsumori aru nai yarikata ni sakeru.

Watashi tsukareru no shuppatsu soto,
Watashi kibo sekai nanto narete ni iru.

Beru keiho yurusa kaze fuku sono hametsu koko de,
De sukunakutomo watashitachi suru shinu to issho ni yoroi ni watashitachi se.

woooo! i did it! =D> :D/ :bounce: :mrgreen: :color: :D
yay! <3

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 21, 2006 10:58pm
by Ryukon
Can I ask you something? Do you know what sentence particles are?

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 21, 2006 11:22pm
by sano
odd request. could someone write the words n characters for the words TRUST, HOPE and DESPAIR please? it would mean a great deal to me.

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 22, 2006 9:11am
by Neko Yuki
nope, i don't know how to do the sentance particle-thingys.
That's why i said it was a RUFF translation!
But, i'm pretty close...right? :cry:
It took me over two days to finish! I had 2 look up all thw ords i didn't already know! Which is a lot since i'm just teaching myself how to speak it. :cry:

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 22, 2006 9:18am
by Neko Yuki
Trust, Hope, an Despair?
Well, i don't know how to do the charecters on here...wouldn't it just come up as little boxes? I can do the words though! :D

Trust = Shinrai
Hope = Kibo
Despair = Zetsubo

And i don't need to know sentance particle thingys to do that!! :bounce:

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 22, 2006 1:24pm
by Ryukon
:?

Truthfully, when I read your translation post, I had not even the slightest clue as to what you were trying to get at. I had to look at the first post then back at yours to see what you're trying to do. Sentence particles and keeping the SOV type of format along with sentence formulas is critical.

At least you've tried and put yourself out there.

And yes. Since it's only a one-word translation, you don't need any particles and that stuffs.

Trust = shinrai = 信頼

Hope = kibou = 希望

Despair = zetsubou = 絶望

I made the font size bigger since these kanjis are a bit hard to see if you want to try and write them.

Let me know if you just see boxes. I'll link a picture. The reason people only see boxes is that the computer doesn't have the components to read foreign languages.

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 22, 2006 4:07pm
by sano
thanks for all your help. i appreciate it.

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 22, 2006 11:18pm
by asdfsdf
[quote="Neko Yuki"]But, i'm pretty close...right? :cry:[\quote]

I'm sorry if this puts you down in any way, but with my Japanese knowledge (rather subtle), that's not even near close.

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 22, 2006 11:22pm
by asdfsdf
DarkbearX wrote:
Neko Yuki wrote:But, i'm pretty close...right? :cry:[\quote]

I'm sorry if this puts you down in any way, but with my Japanese knowledge (rather subtle), that's not even near close.
a few mistakes on the first I see on the first line is that : Moshi (if) wouldn't be used in this situation. I was learnt that in if and then (cause and effect) situtations, you would use nara. (anata ha uso shiteiru nara -conversely to - moshi anata uso) Umm. and made (until) on the third line would be after everything: anata o ueru made. Most of this crap I wrote is probably wrong lol.

edit - Crap, meant to edit...

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 23, 2006 6:19am
by sano
got somethin else for whoever gets to it. i was lookin at translating devil's village and was wonderin, coz that isnt in the dictionary as is, do i use oni or ki when writing it? also if someone could, i'd like that and devil's will (as in devil's wish, hope, whatever else works) translated. im thinkin of writin a story n either of those will be the title. cheers to whoever gets it.

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 23, 2006 1:16pm
by Ryukon
DarkbearX wrote:
Neko Yuki wrote:But, i'm pretty close...right? :cry:[\quote]

I'm sorry if this puts you down in any way, but with my Japanese knowledge (rather subtle), that's not even near close.
a few mistakes on the first I see on the first line is that : Moshi (if) wouldn't be used in this situation. I was learnt that in if and then (cause and effect) situtations, you would use nara. (anata ha uso shiteiru nara -conversely to - moshi anata uso) Umm. and made (until) on the third line would be after everything: anata o ueru made. Most of this crap I wrote is probably wrong lol.

edit - Crap, meant to edit...
Well, both 'moshi(mo)' and 'naraba' are conjunctions, so they connect two sides of the sentence. I would think either one would work, but I think 'naraba' would also be more appropriate (I have yet to use 'moshi(mo)' thus far in my schooling).

And you're right. 'Made' should be put last, as in:
明日まで/あしたまで/ashita made = until tomorrow.

You did fine on your explination, dude. :)

To Sano-san: Well, from what you're trying to translate, it was a good thing that you're asking. Here's a bit of a Japanese language lesson.

'Devil's village' that you want is a possesive thing, meaning that it's owned in a sort of way (or indicated by the "'s" anyway), so then a Japanese particle would be needed, and in this case the 'の/no' particle, and would be this:

Devil's Village/Village of the Devil = oni no mura = 鬼の村


I'm not sure what 'ki' you were looking at, but the only 'ki' translation I could remember with was 'tree' and 'feeling', or 'emotion' or 'spirit'.

Now, if you worked without the 'no' particle (鬼村), then it would roughly and literally mean 'Devil Village'. It would describe the village as being a devil, and not something owned by the devil (if that's what you want?)

Heh...let's just stick to 'devil's will':

Devil's Will = oni no ishi = 鬼の意志

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 23, 2006 4:32pm
by sano
fair enuff. thank you. i was looking at 'The learner's dictionary to Kanji'. its got ki written right next to oni so i assumed that they meant the same thing and all the words using it use ki instead of oni, eg devil's mask is (i think) kimen. thanks for clearin that up.

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 23, 2006 5:38pm
by Ryukon
Hm...

Not really sure what you mean, but sometimes other kanjis are put together with a kanji that you're familiar with and it changes the meaning as well as the say on most occasions.

I wish I had a kanji dictionary :lol: oh well. 'nyways, you're welcome.

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 23, 2006 10:38pm
by sano
i was tryin to say that in kimen, (devil's mask), it uses a possessive, but the oni gets replaced with ki. i was looking in a dictionary and all the words that were more then one word used ki instead of oni. i just got confused. mind you, thats not that hard :-k :heh:

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 24, 2006 12:40am
by asdfsdf
Lieutenant Colonel Ryukon wrote: Well, both 'moshi(mo)' and 'naraba' are conjunctions, so they connect two sides of the sentence. I would think either one would work, but I think 'naraba' would also be more appropriate (I have yet to use 'moshi(mo)' thus far in my schooling).

And you're right. 'Made' should be put last, as in:
明日まで/あしたまで/ashita made = until tomorrow.

You did fine on your explination, dude. :)
Thanks lol (I didn't take any japanese lessons whatsoever =\, I'm kinda just... learning it, I dunno how lol)

Re: translate english to japanese

Posted: Jun 24, 2006 12:54am
by geishaboy
It's good to see you guys are typing in Japanese script more often