Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Why do some people hate anime?

Discussions about anything anime-related.
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 5579
Joined: Jul 20, 2005 10:34pm
Gender: Male

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

hahaha funny thing is society accepts 20-50 year pro gamers and yet they put anime people in the same category as DnD players :roll:
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
User avatar
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sep 13, 2006 5:04pm
Gender: Female

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Yuki~ »

well, maybe some people thinks that anime is for children and they think they are old enough to watch anime. XP (at least this is what happens here).
i don't care about it and i watch anime!!!! 0___09
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
Roy Hughes
Visitor

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Roy Hughes »

Kazuma the Shell Bullet wrote:
Iruka Uchiha wrote: Look at Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto, InuYasha, One Piece and Sonic X (Japanese versions only). They are pretty good!
Off topic, but why do you hate the FMA dub? I actually liked it a lot better than the Japanese version. And as for Naruto, the dub isn't that bad, there's voices from both versions that annnoy the [censored] out of me. But the rest I agree with

As for the topic at hand, they think anime is for fat, 45 year old men, who live in their Mom's basement, and go to cons dressed like Sailor Moon.
I admit the English dubs of FMA, Inuyasha, and Naruto are good but have you SEEN what 4kids did to One Piece & Sonic X?! HORRIBLE!!!!

I don't agree with anime only being for certain people. Look at me, I'm a 20 yr old American and yet I L-O-V-E anime and manga cuz like someone else said, the stories are usually better than the American shows (like FMA!!!). As for the large eyes and expressions and chibi references, I don't mind them. I think the Japanese people are very creative at what they do and I respect them for that.

And no, not all are for children. Some if not all are for teens and adults. Look at Shin Chan. That's more for teens and adults mainly cuz of the cussing (sorry guys).

Pokemon, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh are for kids and teens. Adults...not as much.

Need I say more?
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 4180
Joined: Oct 03, 2005 7:47pm
Gender: Male

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Battousai The Manslayer »

Iruka Uchiha wrote:Pokemon, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh are for kids and teens. Adults...not as much.
I'm not so sure about Yugi-Oh being for kids seeing as how in the Japanese version of Yugi-Oh, Yami rapes Tea. Pokemon is generally kid safe except for the episode where James gets breast implants. :shock:

As for Digimon, I'm unsure. I know next to nothing about it but I sure there's probably heavy violence, swearing, and sexual situations in there somewhere.
<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Roy Hughes
Visitor

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Roy Hughes »

Shinobu Sensui wrote:
Iruka Uchiha wrote:Pokemon, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh are for kids and teens. Adults...not as much.
I'm not so sure about Yugi-Oh being for kids seeing as how in the Japanese version of Yugi-Oh, Yami rapes Tea. Pokemon is generally kid safe except for the episode where James gets breast implants. :shock:

As for Digimon, I'm unsure. I know next to nothing about it but I sure there's probably heavy violence, swearing, and sexual situations in there somewhere.
Oh, I didn't know that. Sorry, I don't watch those shows that often.
Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1640
Joined: Apr 20, 2006 2:00pm
Gender: Male

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Katsuyo »

People who hate anime or "Anime Haters" as i call them are just people who think anime is wierd and nerdy. Eihter way they should give anime a chance or just but out
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-Marshal 元帥陸軍大将 Gensui Rikugun Taishō (*****)
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Best Pal: Clamato
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
My japanese name is 飯野 Iino (rice plains) 徹平 Koike (penetrating peace)
Roy Hughes
Visitor

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Roy Hughes »

Six Shooter .45 wrote:People who hate anime or "Anime Haters" as i call them are just people who think anime is wierd and nerdy. Eihter way they should give anime a chance or just but out
I don't think anime is weird and nerdy. It's funny!!!! And it's entertaining!!!!

Anime haters = :crazy:

((do the math of what THAT means!))
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1834
Joined: Jan 07, 2007 11:26am
Gender: Female

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Commander Sparx »

people who hate anime don't know how to beilieve.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Athos »

Iruka Uchiha wrote:I mean, WHY?! What's wrong with anime?! Personally, I think their animation and voices (in Japanese version) and their openings are better, WAY better than our crappy ones! Sure, in the Japanese version they tend to cuss and there tends to be WAY too much blood and violence and crap but WHO CARES?!?!?!?!?! It's just the way it is!!!! Sheesh! We have some cartoons like that here in USA! Remember Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad and South Park? Exactly! Comments, anyone?
You did bring up great examples...Family Guy, South Park, etc..However, I think it is because they (people who hate it) still view it as a "cartoon," henceforth, they associate those cartoons as people who are immature and or childish.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Roy Hughes
Visitor

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Roy Hughes »

Athos wrote:
Iruka Uchiha wrote:I mean, WHY?! What's wrong with anime?! Personally, I think their animation and voices (in Japanese version) and their openings are better, WAY better than our crappy ones! Sure, in the Japanese version they tend to cuss and there tends to be WAY too much blood and violence and crap but WHO CARES?!?!?!?!?! It's just the way it is!!!! Sheesh! We have some cartoons like that here in USA! Remember Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad and South Park? Exactly! Comments, anyone?
You did bring up great examples...Family Guy, South Park, etc..However, I think it is because they (people who hate it) still view it as a "cartoon," henceforth, they associate those cartoons as people who are immature and or childish.
Thanks. Btw, the ONLY people who are immature and/or childish are the anime haters!

ANIME RULEZ!!!! LONG LIVE ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
animaniac
Uber Otaku
Posts: 723
Joined: Jun 02, 2006 6:33am

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by animaniac »

I think its more of disliking anime because of the stereotyping it has, like yes nerdy people, and also because of the stories and dialogue, alot of cartoons as mentioned such as family guy and the simpsons have a greater ability to relate to people
-AA Sibs: Rosemary-sama, saiko, rinslet, Fay D. flourite, Koyue, sakura-kiss, shio (my lovely), Brokenheart, lawliet, ashitaka, zippidy ^^, lenfa(filo sis 4 life)
-AA twin:Wolfgang
-AA biatch:Neo
Roy Hughes
Visitor

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Roy Hughes »

animaniac wrote:I think its more of disliking anime because of the stereotyping it has, like yes nerdy people, and also because of the stories and dialogue, alot of cartoons as mentioned such as family guy and the simpsons have a greater ability to relate to people
Eh, who cares? I am an anime otaku and I'm PROUD OF IT!!!! :D
Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1640
Joined: Apr 20, 2006 2:00pm
Gender: Male

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Katsuyo »

Iruka Uchiha wrote:
Six Shooter .45 wrote:People who hate anime or "Anime Haters" as i call them are just people who think anime is wierd and nerdy. Eihter way they should give anime a chance or just but out
I don't think anime is weird and nerdy. It's funny!!!! And it's entertaining!!!!

Anime haters = :crazy:

((do the math of what THAT means!))
I never said you thought those things ok all i was saying is that some people just think that ok and what do you mean do my math woth that its simple, people who hate anime i call anime haters that simple
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-Marshal 元帥陸軍大将 Gensui Rikugun Taishō (*****)
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Best Pal: Clamato
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
My japanese name is 飯野 Iino (rice plains) 徹平 Koike (penetrating peace)
Roy Hughes
Visitor

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Roy Hughes »

Six Shooter .45 wrote:
Iruka Uchiha wrote:
Six Shooter .45 wrote:People who hate anime or "Anime Haters" as i call them are just people who think anime is wierd and nerdy. Eihter way they should give anime a chance or just but out
I don't think anime is weird and nerdy. It's funny!!!! And it's entertaining!!!!

Anime haters = :crazy:

((do the math of what THAT means!))
I never said you thought those things ok all i was saying is that some people just think that ok and what do you mean do my math woth that its simple, people who hate anime i call anime haters that simple
Oh. Heh...sorry... :oops:
Czathero
Baka Otaku
Posts: 4
Joined: Jul 21, 2007 9:45am

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Czathero »

Whoohoo! Anime rulez all! I like the art mostly, but people who don't are just dull and unartistic. Did you know that some people say that anime isn't art? It is! It is I tell you!
Baby Duck
Uber Otaku
Posts: 910
Joined: Jan 12, 2007 3:16pm
Gender: Male

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Baby Duck »

I wasn't always an anime fan, in fact i got into anime when i was 18...a year ago, I'll tell you one thing that put me off anime, and still does, J-pop, i mean i may be an otaku but i have my limits nothing in the world will make me listen to j-pop casually or for fun (AND I CURSE MY BROTHER FOR PUTTING THE FMA THEME SONG IN MY IPOD!!!!) other than that what attracted me to anime was the violence, and adult themes (we dont have enough adult themed shows) theyre all for families and as for what 4-kids did to One-piece and Sonic X....shame on them, no one in their right mind carries green guns, or blow smoke out of their mouth, sonic x made me die a little inside....
May the mountains rise against you
May the forests block your path
May your axes chip and shatter
And know it is my Wrath
Locked