Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Exactly.
[Or wear ear plugs...]
=]
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
SASSZAIN
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5325
Joined: Jan 27, 2006 8:09am
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by SASSZAIN »

Moving the turbines is pointless,. because it'll just be a matter of time until the area that you moved the turbines to gets populated.

If they could make sound barriers around the turbines that'd work, just as long as the wind still gets to the turbines..


And yes, Sound can make you numb. Sound is very powerful <,<; Why do you think Orochimaru runs the sound village?
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by Athos »

Japan though is a tiny island and highly populated. I doubt relocating them would solve the problem. And I doubt ear plugs would prove helpful. Given the infrastructure of Japan, ear plugs would prove futile -- it'd be hard for people to conduct business when they can't hear.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Sound can kill you.
Dead serious. [No pun intended, but I like it.]
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by Athos »

I know. Sound can also be used to generate heat.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
josh :)
Uber Otaku
Posts: 740
Joined: Aug 26, 2006 12:38am
Gender: Male

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by josh :) »

So are Wind Energy Turbines really that noisy?

I watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD0v9_zV2uk
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
User avatar
SASSZAIN
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5325
Joined: Jan 27, 2006 8:09am
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by SASSZAIN »

josh wrote:So are Wind Energy Turbines really that noisy?

I watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD0v9_zV2uk
Theres something Crutial missing in that vid.
The audible sound versus the physical sound vibrations. It is the sound vibrations that can cause damage, not just the audible ones.
Athos wrote:I know. Sound can also be used to generate heat.
Wouldn't that be due to the friction caused by the sound waves?
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

SASSZAIN wrote:
Athos wrote:I know. Sound can also be used to generate heat.
Wouldn't that be due to the friction caused by the sound waves?
Psssst...sound is energy.
Don' need none of that fancy friction stuff.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by Athos »

All you need is some device (forget what it's called) to convert sound to heat.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
josh :)
Uber Otaku
Posts: 740
Joined: Aug 26, 2006 12:38am
Gender: Male

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by josh :) »

Athos wrote:All you need is some device (forget what it's called) to convert sound to heat.
jimi hendrix lighting his guitar on fire?
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
User avatar
SASSZAIN
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5325
Joined: Jan 27, 2006 8:09am
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by SASSZAIN »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:
SASSZAIN wrote:
Athos wrote:I know. Sound can also be used to generate heat.
Wouldn't that be due to the friction caused by the sound waves?
Psssst...sound is energy.
Don' need none of that fancy friction stuff.
josh wrote:
Athos wrote:All you need is some device (forget what it's called) to convert sound to heat.
jimi hendrix lighting his guitar on fire?
lmao to both of those.

Aoi, You need to respond again with something intellectual to bring, or else this topic wont go anywhere else.. :(
because i'm a lazy bastard and dont want to think after staying up all night playing games.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Well the reason I brought this up was because in my opinion we shouldn't be using an energy source that has clear adverse health effects to the inhabitants living near by. There are plenty of other alternative energy sources we can use.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by Athos »

Like I said, no matter what we do, something ends up getting harmed. And wind power has only noise issues (aside from this strange incident). Out here in the Golden State, no one lives by the wind farms, and no one has gotten sick. It seems to serve us well.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
User avatar
SASSZAIN
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5325
Joined: Jan 27, 2006 8:09am
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by SASSZAIN »

Indeed, nothing can come without something going.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
josh :)
Uber Otaku
Posts: 740
Joined: Aug 26, 2006 12:38am
Gender: Male

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by josh :) »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:Well the reason I brought this up was because in my opinion we shouldn't be using an energy source that has clear adverse health effects to the inhabitants living near by. There are plenty of other alternative energy sources we can use.
We could just continue to enhance global warming by sticking to our coal fired power stations and destroy all life on earth.

We could go Nuclear...but think of the clear adverse health effects of the inhabitants of Chernobyl. Hell you experienced some of the bullshit in your own cuntry after big boy made his majestic entrance

Solar power is a good option but it can't provide enough energy for cities and big towns etc.

We probably need to make use of all our energy sources. But atm we should tell those coal power stations to f*ck off cause they are f**king sh*t up
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female

Re: Wind Energy possibly dangerous......

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

how about fusion reactors? Fusion is the energy source of the sun. Fusion is a billion times more effective than wind power (which barely produce more energy than they consume)

Here you can read all about this, clean and efficient energy source here http://www.iter.org/a/index_nav_1.htm

P.S It's no longer correct to call it "global warming" as it's not warming but cooling. They now call it "climate change"
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Locked