Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

I am now a Japanese master!

It's not nearly as complex as English, but as usual we find ways to screw it up.
Kemja
Visitor

re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by Kemja »

How do you say "I'm a weirdo." :twitch: :heh:
asdfsdf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 525
Joined: Jan 24, 2005 7:29pm
Contact:

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by asdfsdf »

kemja wrote:How do you say "I'm a weirdo." :twitch: :heh:
Ore wa hentekorin
Kemja
Visitor

re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by Kemja »

ARIGATO.
How do you say "What is your name?"
Miss Elizabeth
Ex-Moderator
Posts: 5606
Joined: Aug 30, 2005 10:45am

re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by Miss Elizabeth »

Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:
I ♥Beautiful Disgrace & Sasami
A.A. Sis: Seto Kaiba's Girl, SYL!
AND Butterfly=wondrous
IIliud latine dici non potest
asdfsdf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 525
Joined: Jan 24, 2005 7:29pm
Contact:

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by asdfsdf »

Shadows of Light wrote:Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:
Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by Athos »

Darkbear wrote:
Shadows of Light wrote:Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:
Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P
how do you say "what's your digits?"

*there is a cute asian girl in my class*
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Kemja
Visitor

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by Kemja »

Darkbear wrote:
Shadows of Light wrote:Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:
Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P
ARIGATO!!!both of you! :heh:
OH, how do you say "I want to be your friend,but I don't speak good Japanese"?
Ryukon
Uber Otaku
Posts: 720
Joined: Feb 18, 2006 7:33pm

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by Ryukon »

kemja wrote:
Darkbear wrote:
Shadows of Light wrote:Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:
Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P
ARIGATO!!!both of you! :heh:
OH, how do you say "I want to be your friend,but I don't speak good Japanese"?
I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in.

"I want to be your friend, but I don't speak good Japanese"

"Watashi ni naru no tomodachi o hoshii desu. Demo, watashi wa nihongo o ii hanashi masen deshita."

mmph...that "ii" used before the "hanashi" is most likely not suppose to be there. I forgot how you format the skill sentences with "jozu" and it's antonym in there. Also that "want to be" kind of threw me off. I'd use the "-tai" format, but for some reason I couldn't get it to fit...I debated on adding that "hoshii" though...but oh well.

On a side note, since you are a girl, you're allowed to replace the "watashi" with "atashi", but if not, just leave it at "watashi/watakushi".
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 396
Joined: Apr 18, 2005 5:33am
Gender: Male

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by geishaboy »

Ryukon wrote:
kemja wrote:
Darkbear wrote:
Shadows of Light wrote:Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:
Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P
ARIGATO!!!both of you! :heh:
OH, how do you say "I want to be your friend,but I don't speak good Japanese"?
I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in.

"I want to be your friend, but I don't speak good Japanese"

"Watashi ni naru no tomodachi o hoshii desu. Demo, watashi wa nihongo o ii hanashi masen deshita."

mmph...that "ii" used before the "hanashi" is most likely not suppose to be there. I forgot how you format the skill sentences with "jozu" and it's antonym in there. Also that "want to be" kind of threw me off. I'd use the "-tai" format, but for some reason I couldn't get it to fit...I debated on adding that "hoshii" though...but oh well.

On a side note, since you are a girl, you're allowed to replace the "watashi" with "atashi", but if not, just leave it at "watashi/watakushi".
"Watashi ni naru no tomodachi o hoshii desu. Demo, watashi wa nihongo o ii hanashi masen deshita."

Thats all messed up, I would have said

kimi no tomodachi ni naritai desu ga, watashi ha nihongo wo amari yokunaku hanasenai

キミの友達に成りたいですが、私は日本語をあまりよくなく話せない

Wich litreally means "I would like to become your friend but, I can't speak Japanese very well"
Ryukon
Uber Otaku
Posts: 720
Joined: Feb 18, 2006 7:33pm

re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by Ryukon »

Sorry, this is just from what I know, but would "kimi" in a polite conversation if you're just getting to know the person be appropriate?

And now that I look at it...I forgot to remake my sentence back to how I had it before when I tried to edit a few things but then I forgot about it and it came out...well, like how you just read. I didn't put "anata" back where I wanted it for starters.

But either way, you would have done a better job.
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 396
Joined: Apr 18, 2005 5:33am
Gender: Male

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by geishaboy »

Ryukon wrote:Sorry, this is just from what I know, but would "kimi" in a polite conversation if you're just getting to know the person be appropriate?
Depends, you wouldn't say Kimi to a complete stranger, but if it was someone say, who you worked with or went to school with but have never really talked to before, Kimi would be fine

Of course Anata will allways be fine too
Kemja
Visitor

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by Kemja »

芸者男の子 wrote:
Ryukon wrote:
kemja wrote:
Darkbear wrote: Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P
ARIGATO!!!both of you! :heh:
OH, how do you say "I want to be your friend,but I don't speak good Japanese"?
I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in.

"I want to be your friend, but I don't speak good Japanese"

"Watashi ni naru no tomodachi o hoshii desu. Demo, watashi wa nihongo o ii hanashi masen deshita."

mmph...that "ii" used before the "hanashi" is most likely not suppose to be there. I forgot how you format the skill sentences with "jozu" and it's antonym in there. Also that "want to be" kind of threw me off. I'd use the "-tai" format, but for some reason I couldn't get it to fit...I debated on adding that "hoshii" though...but oh well.

On a side note, since you are a girl, you're allowed to replace the "watashi" with "atashi", but if not, just leave it at "watashi/watakushi".
"Watashi ni naru no tomodachi o hoshii desu. Demo, watashi wa nihongo o ii hanashi masen deshita."

Thats all messed up, I would have said

kimi no tomodachi ni naritai desu ga, watashi ha nihongo wo amari yokunaku hanasenai

キミの友達に成りたいですが、私は日本語をあまりよくなく話せない

Wich litreally means "I would like to become your friend but, I can't speak Japanese very well"
AROGATO!!![both of you]
How would you say "when do you have lunch?" :heh:
Miss Elizabeth
Ex-Moderator
Posts: 5606
Joined: Aug 30, 2005 10:45am

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by Miss Elizabeth »

foxxman wrote:
Darkbear wrote:
Shadows of Light wrote:Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:
Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P
how do you say "what's your digits?"

*there is a cute asian girl in my class*

(I would wanna say:)
Anata no denwa bongo wa nan desu ka (someone corrtect me? :? :? )
I ♥Beautiful Disgrace & Sasami
A.A. Sis: Seto Kaiba's Girl, SYL!
AND Butterfly=wondrous
IIliud latine dici non potest
Miss Elizabeth
Ex-Moderator
Posts: 5606
Joined: Aug 30, 2005 10:45am

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by Miss Elizabeth »

kemja wrote: AROGATO!!![both of you]
How would you say "when do you have lunch?" :heh:

umm i wanna say um: alternative

lets eat: ohirugohan o tabemasho?

or Ohiru o tabemasen ka (wouldnt you like to eat?)

CORRECT me Senpai 8-[ !!!
I ♥Beautiful Disgrace & Sasami
A.A. Sis: Seto Kaiba's Girl, SYL!
AND Butterfly=wondrous
IIliud latine dici non potest
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 396
Joined: Apr 18, 2005 5:33am
Gender: Male

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by geishaboy »

Shadows of Light wrote:
kemja wrote: AROGATO!!![both of you]
How would you say "when do you have lunch?" :heh:

umm i wanna say um: alternative

lets eat: ohirugohan o tabemasho?

or Ohiru o tabemasen ka (wouldnt you like to eat?)

CORRECT me Senpai 8-[ !!!
You have said, "Shall we eat lunch" and "Why don't we eat lunch" so it's no so bad, but are not translating what he asked

"When do you have lunch"
itsu, hiru gohan wo taberuno?
いつ昼ごはんを食べるの?
Kemja
Visitor

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Post by Kemja »

芸者男の子 wrote:
Shadows of Light wrote:
kemja wrote: AROGATO!!![both of you]
How would you say "when do you have lunch?" :heh:

umm i wanna say um: alternative

lets eat: ohirugohan o tabemasho?

or Ohiru o tabemasen ka (wouldnt you like to eat?)

CORRECT me Senpai 8-[ !!!
You have said, "Shall we eat lunch" and "Why don't we eat lunch" so it's no so bad, but are not translating what he asked

"When do you have lunch"
itsu, hiru gohan wo taberuno?
いつ昼ごはんを食べるの?
arigato both of you.....Oh and 芸者男の子I'm a chick!!
Locked