Page 3 of 4

re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 15, 2006 8:06am
by Kemja
How do you say "I'm a weirdo." :twitch: :heh:

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 15, 2006 2:05pm
by asdfsdf
kemja wrote:How do you say "I'm a weirdo." :twitch: :heh:
Ore wa hentekorin

re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 17, 2006 5:05pm
by Kemja
ARIGATO.
How do you say "What is your name?"

re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 17, 2006 11:33pm
by Miss Elizabeth
Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 18, 2006 9:19am
by asdfsdf
Shadows of Light wrote:Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:
Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 18, 2006 12:11pm
by Athos
Darkbear wrote:
Shadows of Light wrote:Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:
Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P
how do you say "what's your digits?"

*there is a cute asian girl in my class*

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 18, 2006 2:49pm
by Kemja
Darkbear wrote:
Shadows of Light wrote:Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:
Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P
ARIGATO!!!both of you! :heh:
OH, how do you say "I want to be your friend,but I don't speak good Japanese"?

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 18, 2006 8:08pm
by Ryukon
kemja wrote:
Darkbear wrote:
Shadows of Light wrote:Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:
Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P
ARIGATO!!!both of you! :heh:
OH, how do you say "I want to be your friend,but I don't speak good Japanese"?
I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in.

"I want to be your friend, but I don't speak good Japanese"

"Watashi ni naru no tomodachi o hoshii desu. Demo, watashi wa nihongo o ii hanashi masen deshita."

mmph...that "ii" used before the "hanashi" is most likely not suppose to be there. I forgot how you format the skill sentences with "jozu" and it's antonym in there. Also that "want to be" kind of threw me off. I'd use the "-tai" format, but for some reason I couldn't get it to fit...I debated on adding that "hoshii" though...but oh well.

On a side note, since you are a girl, you're allowed to replace the "watashi" with "atashi", but if not, just leave it at "watashi/watakushi".

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 18, 2006 10:54pm
by geishaboy
Ryukon wrote:
kemja wrote:
Darkbear wrote:
Shadows of Light wrote:Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:
Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P
ARIGATO!!!both of you! :heh:
OH, how do you say "I want to be your friend,but I don't speak good Japanese"?
I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in.

"I want to be your friend, but I don't speak good Japanese"

"Watashi ni naru no tomodachi o hoshii desu. Demo, watashi wa nihongo o ii hanashi masen deshita."

mmph...that "ii" used before the "hanashi" is most likely not suppose to be there. I forgot how you format the skill sentences with "jozu" and it's antonym in there. Also that "want to be" kind of threw me off. I'd use the "-tai" format, but for some reason I couldn't get it to fit...I debated on adding that "hoshii" though...but oh well.

On a side note, since you are a girl, you're allowed to replace the "watashi" with "atashi", but if not, just leave it at "watashi/watakushi".
"Watashi ni naru no tomodachi o hoshii desu. Demo, watashi wa nihongo o ii hanashi masen deshita."

Thats all messed up, I would have said

kimi no tomodachi ni naritai desu ga, watashi ha nihongo wo amari yokunaku hanasenai

キミの友達に成りたいですが、私は日本語をあまりよくなく話せない

Wich litreally means "I would like to become your friend but, I can't speak Japanese very well"

re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 19, 2006 12:41am
by Ryukon
Sorry, this is just from what I know, but would "kimi" in a polite conversation if you're just getting to know the person be appropriate?

And now that I look at it...I forgot to remake my sentence back to how I had it before when I tried to edit a few things but then I forgot about it and it came out...well, like how you just read. I didn't put "anata" back where I wanted it for starters.

But either way, you would have done a better job.

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 19, 2006 2:46am
by geishaboy
Ryukon wrote:Sorry, this is just from what I know, but would "kimi" in a polite conversation if you're just getting to know the person be appropriate?
Depends, you wouldn't say Kimi to a complete stranger, but if it was someone say, who you worked with or went to school with but have never really talked to before, Kimi would be fine

Of course Anata will allways be fine too

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 19, 2006 1:13pm
by Kemja
芸者男の子 wrote:
Ryukon wrote:
kemja wrote:
Darkbear wrote: Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P
ARIGATO!!!both of you! :heh:
OH, how do you say "I want to be your friend,but I don't speak good Japanese"?
I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in.

"I want to be your friend, but I don't speak good Japanese"

"Watashi ni naru no tomodachi o hoshii desu. Demo, watashi wa nihongo o ii hanashi masen deshita."

mmph...that "ii" used before the "hanashi" is most likely not suppose to be there. I forgot how you format the skill sentences with "jozu" and it's antonym in there. Also that "want to be" kind of threw me off. I'd use the "-tai" format, but for some reason I couldn't get it to fit...I debated on adding that "hoshii" though...but oh well.

On a side note, since you are a girl, you're allowed to replace the "watashi" with "atashi", but if not, just leave it at "watashi/watakushi".
"Watashi ni naru no tomodachi o hoshii desu. Demo, watashi wa nihongo o ii hanashi masen deshita."

Thats all messed up, I would have said

kimi no tomodachi ni naritai desu ga, watashi ha nihongo wo amari yokunaku hanasenai

キミの友達に成りたいですが、私は日本語をあまりよくなく話せない

Wich litreally means "I would like to become your friend but, I can't speak Japanese very well"
AROGATO!!![both of you]
How would you say "when do you have lunch?" :heh:

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 19, 2006 2:55pm
by Miss Elizabeth
foxxman wrote:
Darkbear wrote:
Shadows of Light wrote:Onamae wa nan desu ka/ I think you can say that :mrgreen:
Lol

Onamae desu ka would be fine too :P
how do you say "what's your digits?"

*there is a cute asian girl in my class*

(I would wanna say:)
Anata no denwa bongo wa nan desu ka (someone corrtect me? :? :? )

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 19, 2006 3:04pm
by Miss Elizabeth
kemja wrote: AROGATO!!![both of you]
How would you say "when do you have lunch?" :heh:

umm i wanna say um: alternative

lets eat: ohirugohan o tabemasho?

or Ohiru o tabemasen ka (wouldnt you like to eat?)

CORRECT me Senpai 8-[ !!!

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 20, 2006 1:50am
by geishaboy
Shadows of Light wrote:
kemja wrote: AROGATO!!![both of you]
How would you say "when do you have lunch?" :heh:

umm i wanna say um: alternative

lets eat: ohirugohan o tabemasho?

or Ohiru o tabemasen ka (wouldnt you like to eat?)

CORRECT me Senpai 8-[ !!!
You have said, "Shall we eat lunch" and "Why don't we eat lunch" so it's no so bad, but are not translating what he asked

"When do you have lunch"
itsu, hiru gohan wo taberuno?
いつ昼ごはんを食べるの?

Re: re: I am now a Japanese master!

Posted: Feb 20, 2006 9:06am
by Kemja
芸者男の子 wrote:
Shadows of Light wrote:
kemja wrote: AROGATO!!![both of you]
How would you say "when do you have lunch?" :heh:

umm i wanna say um: alternative

lets eat: ohirugohan o tabemasho?

or Ohiru o tabemasen ka (wouldnt you like to eat?)

CORRECT me Senpai 8-[ !!!
You have said, "Shall we eat lunch" and "Why don't we eat lunch" so it's no so bad, but are not translating what he asked

"When do you have lunch"
itsu, hiru gohan wo taberuno?
いつ昼ごはんを食べるの?
arigato both of you.....Oh and 芸者男の子I'm a chick!!