Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

poll: 2016 Olympics

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.

2016 olympics

Tokyo
5
42%
Chicago
4
33%
Madrid
2
17%
Rio De Janeiro
1
8%
 
Total votes: 12

Mik3
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 593
Joined: Nov 08, 2006 6:12am
Gender: Male

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Mik3 »

Athos wrote:I honestly don't care who gets to host. I'm curious to see which nationality turns out the most. If it's Europa, then I'd say host it in Chicago because of the exchange rate. But now that I've seen the exchange rate between the BRL and the USD, Chicagoans shouldn't complain. If they want to go watch the Olympics (or anyone else in the U.S) it's not too expensive to fly to Rio de Janeiro to watch. And from the pictures I've seen at work, its a gorgeous city. How awesome would it be to see the Christ the Redeemer statute.

Maybe that is what is wrong with Chicagoans. They need to get out of the country and let the sun shine in!
People from the Chi are just fine, they naturally just wanted it to be their as im sure tokyo, and madrid and etc did. They already started talking about america's next bid and one of the citys might be philadelphia which I don't see ever happening. More money is going to gent spent than made and taxpayers over here think almost anything is a misuse of money. We do have alot of space compared to other big citys, but the time and money that is necessary isn't worth it. Just because livenation was here doesn't mean ish.
I remembered my password.
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Dretlin »

Athos wrote:I honestly don't care who gets to host. I'm curious to see which nationality turns out the most. If it's Europa, then I'd say host it in Chicago because of the exchange rate. But now that I've seen the exchange rate between the BRL and the USD, Chicagoans shouldn't complain. If they want to go watch the Olympics (or anyone else in the U.S) it's not too expensive to fly to Rio de Janeiro to watch. And from the pictures I've seen at work, its a gorgeous city. How awesome would it be to see the Christ the Redeemer statute.

Maybe that is what is wrong with Chicagoans. They need to get out of the country and let the sun shine in!
Any of the four finalists would have hosted a good games.

I have always assumed most major American cities would be capable, even if it was against popular opinion of the cost.
Nyx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1996
Joined: Dec 21, 2006 2:16pm
Gender: Female

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Nyx »

Hey, maybe some of us Chicagoans don't have the time/money to get out to of the area and go somewhere else. >=(

I'm slightly annoyed personally that Rio de Janeiro gets the Olympics as well as the World Cup. I'd like to see it in my home city, but I honestly don't give a crap.
Last edited by Nyx on Oct 05, 2009 9:07am, edited 1 time in total.
AA Sibs: Coin-Boy, Casual, Biki, Tyche
AA Hubbies: EL, Kura, AOH I wuv my hubbies. All 3 of them. <3
AA X-mas Pressy: Cloud AA Luv: Cold
AA Child: Dogboy, Pervert. AA Grandchild: Master InuYasha
That'll do fangirl, that'll do.
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Dretlin »

Nyx wrote:[color=#BF00FFHey, maybe some of us Chicagoans don't have the time/money to get out to of the area and go somewhere else. >=(

I'm slightly annoyed personally that Rio de Janeiro gets the Olympics as well as the World Cup. I'd like to see it in my home city, but I honestly don't give a crap. [/color]
Twelve venues are being used to host the World Cup, all in different cities in Brazil. So yes, Rio is 1/12 of the world cup. I would hardly take that personally.
User avatar
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sep 13, 2006 5:04pm
Gender: Female

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Yuki~ »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote: Twelve venues are being used to host the World Cup, all in different cities in Brazil. So yes, Rio is 1/12 of the world cup. I would hardly take that personally.
Yeah.. I knew what cities will host the games, but I forgot most of all >_<
(Oh well, all I want is to go to at least one match~ *-*
and São Paulo is less than 1 hour from home, so :mrgreen: )
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
Locked