Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

It's not nearly as complex as English, but as usual we find ways to screw it up.
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 396
Joined: Apr 18, 2005 5:33am
Gender: Male

Re: re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Post by geishaboy »

gothkitty wrote:how do you say lonely angel???
Lonely Angel

sabishii tenshi

寂しい天使
Xehanort
Visitor

re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Post by Xehanort »

How do you say:
I da man!
In Japanese?
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 396
Joined: Apr 18, 2005 5:33am
Gender: Male

Re: re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Post by geishaboy »

Zatchy wrote:How do you say:
I da man!
In Japanese?
Ore otoko da
俺男だ
Hiroko-Hanae
Visitor

re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Post by Hiroko-Hanae »

how would you say "to me, you're the world's #1 tennis player" please and thank you!
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 396
Joined: Apr 18, 2005 5:33am
Gender: Male

Re: re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Post by geishaboy »

Hiroko-Hanae wrote:how would you say "to me, you're the world's #1 tennis player" please and thank you!
Kimi wa sekai no naka de ichiban tenisu wo suru hito to omou

キミは世界の中で一番テニスをする人と思う
Inuyasha-sama
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1129
Joined: Mar 07, 2005 7:50pm
Gender: Male

re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Post by Inuyasha-sama »

How do you write this in hiragana

Baka da! lol
Black cat is my pet cat!
Mik3 is an awesome buddy =D
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 396
Joined: Apr 18, 2005 5:33am
Gender: Male

Re: re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Post by geishaboy »

Inuyasha-sama wrote:How do you write this in hiragana

Baka da! lol
馬鹿だ

Or  

ばかだ
asdfsdf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 525
Joined: Jan 24, 2005 7:29pm
Contact:

Re: re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行㿿㿜_

Post by asdfsdf »

芸者男の子 wrote:
InuYashaDemonSlayer wrote:I'm learning Japanese from a book from the library and I can do a little. LIke I know the difference betweent the greetings like: Konnichiwa is basically Good Afternoon and Konbanwa is Good Evening, and Ohayo Gozaimasu is Good Morning... can you tell me if i"m right or wrong? ^^
Thats perfect.
Not entirely true. "Gozaimasu" is just a polite term, along with "nasai". It's nice to say, but not needed in all cases
DaysGoBy
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 248
Joined: Jul 27, 2005 2:09pm
Contact:

re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Post by DaysGoBy »

Well, the book I'm learning from only teaches me polite Japanese. That's one of the reasons I didn't know what watashi was but just watakushi. So.. if I write something and there's another meaning it's just cause I only know that much. oh well...
Days go by
Seasons sweep past/Years leave us hanging/And generations don't last/Loves sweet sorrow/Leaves nothing alone/Only Death/Is your time to atone
DaysGoBy
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 248
Joined: Jul 27, 2005 2:09pm
Contact:

re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Post by DaysGoBy »

Oh and I have another question... sorry, but I've seen spellings in different ways. For example, Konnichiwa, is it spelt with two n's or one because it could be Ko-n-ni-chi-wa or Ko-ni-chi-wa... Does this change the meaning of the word?
Days go by
Seasons sweep past/Years leave us hanging/And generations don't last/Loves sweet sorrow/Leaves nothing alone/Only Death/Is your time to atone
Pyrokinetic Singer
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1400
Joined: Aug 10, 2005 6:53pm

re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Post by Pyrokinetic Singer »

All I know is like, say konichi wa to the same person twice is bad.
Ogenki desu ka-How are you?
Okagesama de genki desu-I'm fine.
Urusai- shut up.
please correct me if I'm wrong.
Member of the RPers clan!
...under a rasberry moon, I dance.
Ryukon
Uber Otaku
Posts: 720
Joined: Feb 18, 2006 7:33pm

re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Post by Ryukon »

Actually, you got just about everything.

There are quite a few ways to tell someone to "shut up/be quiet" though :lol: rude ones anyway.
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
ritsukasgirl
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 386
Joined: Jun 18, 2006 6:16pm

Can someone help me learn Japanese?

Post by ritsukasgirl »

Can someone help?
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 396
Joined: Apr 18, 2005 5:33am
Gender: Male

Re: Can someone help me learn Japanese?

Post by geishaboy »

Start by reading the stickies
Yellowsakura
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3900
Joined: May 14, 2006 8:39pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Can someone help me learn Japanese?

Post by Yellowsakura »

ok...what do you want help for??
~Never Give Up On The Things That Make You Smile~


Visit my roleplay site
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Toko_no_Ai/index.php?
Ryukon
Uber Otaku
Posts: 720
Joined: Feb 18, 2006 7:33pm

Re: Can someone help me learn Japanese?

Post by Ryukon »

We'll help, though questions must come first. :lol:
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
Locked