Page 31 of 34
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Oct 24, 2008 6:17pm
by hiten_mitsurugi28
JuSt CuRiOuS....
WhAt Is DeShOu And DaRoU?
ThAnK YoU
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Nov 06, 2008 4:07am
by ✬francees✬
I need for you are very beautiful, please and ty!!
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Nov 06, 2008 9:34am
by Yuki~
✬francees✬ wrote:I need for you are very beautiful, please and ty!!
あなたはとてもきれいです。
anata wa totemo kirei desu
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Nov 09, 2008 1:52am
by + тнє ѕαιηт +
What would "I like Toast" be?
cause I really like toast, and I
want other countries to know that.
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Nov 09, 2008 10:24am
by Yuki~
perpetualsorrowX wrote:What would "I like Toast" be?
cause I really like toast, and I
want other countries to know that.
トーストがすきです.
(I'm not pretty sure about the トースト[toast]. But the rest is ok.)
So you want to other countries to know you like toast?
Well, I don't know if you're interested, but here's the same phrase, but in portuguese ^^
"Eu gosto de torradas"
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Nov 10, 2008 2:15am
by + тнє ѕαιηт +
soon the entire world will here of my love for toast.
muhahaha
1.) make the entire world aware of my love for toast
2.)????
3.)Profit
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Nov 27, 2008 7:57pm
by Adolf
How do you say "You're an embarrassment to mankind?" ^
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Dec 02, 2008 7:42pm
by Dreams
hiten_mitsurugi28 wrote:JuSt CuRiOuS....
WhAt Is DeShOu And DaRoU?
ThAnK YoU
Generally, they're used to indicate probability (in a statement) or uncertainty (in a question).
'Darou/daro' is the informal version; 'deshou/desho' is the polite version.
They can replace the copula 'desu' (in present positive tense) or be added after a verb, etc, at the end of a sentence.
Sore wa neko deshou? = Could it be a cat?
Sore wa neko ja nai deshou = It's probably not a cat
Hon o yomu darou = Maybe I'll read a book
If you use the particle 'ka' after it, it equates to 'I wonder...?' (kind of like 'kashira').
'Deshou' can also replace 'desu' in a question to make a really polite question.
And sometimes, 'deshou/darou' can also elicit agreement from the listener, like 'ne'.
Oishii darou? = Tasty, huh?
And if I went too fast through all of that, let me know.
hikaru. wrote:How do you say "You're an embarrassment to mankind?" ^
[あなたは]人類にとって恥だ。
[Anata wa] jinrui ni totte haji da.
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Dec 03, 2008 4:30pm
by Tomasu
How would I say...
Offense in D Minor
Offense in A Major
Artistic Sonata
Concerto of Colors
Silenced Art
Final Concerto
Painting in G Major
Thank you. ^^
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Dec 05, 2008 12:05am
by + тнє ѕαιηт +
hikaru. wrote:How do you say "You're an embarrassment to mankind?" ^
ouch.......
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 6:44pm
by Dreams
Offense in D Minor
Nitanchou no ihan
ニ短調の違反
Offense in A Major
Ichouchou no ihan
イ長調の違反
Artistic Sonata
Geijutsu no Sonata
芸術のソナタ
Concerto of Colors
Iro no Kyousoukyoku
色の協奏曲
Silenced Art
Shizuka ni Natta Geijutsu
静かになった芸術
Final Concerto
Saigo no Kyousoukyoku
最後の協奏曲
Painting in G Major
Tochouchou no Kaiga
ト長調の絵画
...It was so cool that you asked for these terms. I never knew, or even thought about, what musical notes were called in Japan. Frustratingly, I searched all over Google for a page that might list Japanese music terms (such as the names of notes and if Japan has its own version of solfege) and couldn't find anything. Between Space Alc and Jeffrey's Japanese English dictionary, looks like:
Music Notes
A: イ (i)
B: ロ (ro)
C: ハ (ha)
D: ニ (ni)
E: ホ (ho)
F: ヘ (he)
G: ト (to)
I posted this and forgot to mention... notice the pattern for the music notes? It follows the IROHA!
"Major" is made up of 長 (leader) + 調 ([music] key).
"Minor" is made up of 短 (weak/defect) + 調 ([music] key).
Both terms follow the notes. However:
嬰 (ei) means "sharp" and goes before the note.
変 (hen) means "flat" and goes before the note (also the kanji for 'change/transform/unusual').
I don't know when they use these, as opposed to English letters (etc). I looked at my NiGHTS sheet music book, and all the notations are in English letters and sharp/flat symbols, and so on. (But it does have a big list of Italian music terms and their Japanese equivalents in the back!)
Whether anyone else finds this interesting, I don't know/care... lmao.
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 3:44am
by Yuki~
Dreams wrote:
Music Notes
A: イ (i)
B: ロ (ro)
C: ハ (ha)
D: ニ (ni)
E: ホ (ho)
F: ヘ (he)
G: ト (to)
I posted this and forgot to mention... notice the pattern for the music notes? It follows the IROHA!
Are they like do, re, mi, fa....?
And.. what's IROHA? I think I've heard this sometime in my life..
But, yeah, it seems interesting ^^
I did noryokushiken last sunday, I did 2kyuu.
It was really difficult!
I can't tell if I passed 2kyuu or not. But somehow I feel I'll have to do 2kyuu again next year, even if I pass it.
I've just finished studies for 3kyuu! The only study I did for 2 kyuu were the kanji. but no vocabulary.
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 4:55pm
by Dreams
No, the notes are what you read/play when you look at music. Like when you look at a music staff, the notes written on the lines are E, G, B, D, F, and the notes written in the spaces are F, A, C, E... did you have to take basic music classes in school? I had to.
Anyway, the "do, re, mi" thing is called a solfege. That's where each note is assigned a syllable so they can be sung. I don't know if there's a special set of solfege terms in Japanese, I would LOVE to know them if they existed.
And the iroha is an ancient poem that uses all the (basic) Japanese syllables only once. So in Japan, they adapted this to teach the order of kana to schoolchildren. ^^
I hope you do well on kyuu2! Most of the time, when you think you've done poorly, you've actually done well.
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 8:02am
by Yuki~
Ohh that's what happens when you stop your guitar classes and don't play it for several months.. you forget all the theory you had. =PP
I had to learn flute at school. But I can't play anything on it. ;O
Now I remember, my sensei has talked about iroha to me. That's why I knew I've heard this name begfore XD
Yeah, I hope I do well too...
but I know I missed 2 questions already.
I choose 'kirei' to 'yakamashii' and another really confusing question. @_@'
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 8:39pm
by Tomasu
Dreams wrote:
...It was so cool that you asked for these terms. I never knew, or even thought about, what musical notes were called in Japan. Frustratingly, I searched all over Google for a page that might list Japanese music terms (such as the names of notes and if Japan has its own version of solfege) and couldn't find anything. Between Space Alc and Jeffrey's Japanese English dictionary, looks like:
Music Notes
A: イ (i)
B: ロ (ro)
C: ハ (ha)
D: ニ (ni)
E: ホ (ho)
F: ヘ (he)
G: ト (to)
I posted this and forgot to mention... notice the pattern for the music notes? It follows the IROHA!
"Major" is made up of 長 (leader) + 調 ([music] key).
"Minor" is made up of 短 (weak/defect) + 調 ([music] key).
Both terms follow the notes. However:
嬰 (ei) means "sharp" and goes before the note.
変 (hen) means "flat" and goes before the note (also the kanji for 'change/transform/unusual').
I don't know when they use these, as opposed to English letters (etc). I looked at my NiGHTS sheet music book, and all the notations are in English letters and sharp/flat symbols, and so on. (But it does have a big list of Italian music terms and their Japanese equivalents in the back!)
Whether anyone else finds this interesting, I don't know/care... lmao.
Wow, That is very interesting to me actually. xD
Thank you for the japanese/music lesson, and the translation Dreams. :3
Re: Words, phrases or anything else wanted? Ask here!
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 10:12am
by Yuki~
Dreams, do you know what's called that kanji dictionary which you look for the kanji from the number of traces??