Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Code Geass: order of the black knights

Discussions about anything anime-related.
Locked
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 5579
Joined: Jul 20, 2005 10:34pm
Gender: Male

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:Its just how his name is spelled EL, nothing real special.

And before anyone says it, no it is not with an "L" because there is no "L" in the Japanese language.

Its pronounced with a RL mix sound.

And EL is right Karen (not kallen, only ignorant amerikans call her Kallen) is Zeros personal body guard, Ogi is second and Toudou is third.
I need you to send me the link to that show again Aoi. It looks very interesting.
I knew about the The L and R thing... but you have to remember In character context Lulu or 'ruru' (if you prefer it that way) is NOT Japanese, and to be in context they'd be speaking english within Ashford Academy, and the Japanese would be forced to speak english, while talking to a brittonian (as it is an ENGLISH colony)...so i think the L would apply in the spelling...where as Kallen/Karren would work out, since she is half Japanese.

btw...here's a small quote from wiki which is quoteing the Creator of DN. "Ohba said that he gave L the alias "Ryuzaki" because L is pronounced like R in Japanese." just to clear that up to those that didn't know that before hand ^_^...and are just reading this now...

Unfortunately...i'll probably keep typing kallen out of habit...so as belonging to the country north of the border of the US, it hurts my national pride to be grouped in with the general consensus of an Ignorant American...i would also like to state most culturally ignorant people would probably not be into watching anime in general ^_^...


-=-=-=-=-=-

Back on topic with the show

in regards to Zero's use to escape in R2
Spoiler
Show
In order to keep everyone safe Lu will probably have to stay back at Japan...He had vowed to protect the school, and if he leaves the school it will probably end up harming the members of the student council, Rolo, and a member of the faculty...but that's just my opinion...but most likely the chinese will screw up his plans ^_^
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Karin Rengu
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3746
Joined: Jun 27, 2006 4:01pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Karin Rengu »

I know that Kallen (I, too, do this out of habit) is Lelouche's (Another habit) personal body guard but I like her. I mean what does Ogi look like?
But yea, the name translations do bother me. When it comes down to it, if I watch the show in Japanese, read the manga, or watch in both Japanese and English, I do use the Japanese pronunciation but if I watch it in English only I use the translated name.
I do agree that culturally ignorant people do not watch anime because I see them everywhere I go.
L's Fan Club (Anti-Light)-President
Third in Command of the Black Knights
My Mod App.
User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I'm not going to sit here and argue MY language with you.....I will however say that an "R" doesn't always make an "L" sound, it makes an "R" sound and a "D" sound as well. I understand why BHJ uses Kallen but you L have been arguing with me about its usage and pronunciation and trying to prove me wrong ever since I returned to AA when its my native language that I speak everyday.

To prove my point on the R thing look at Inuyasha, the 2 tail cat is Kirara yet in the english version its Kilala.
One Piece the sword fighter Zoro (a prime example of an "R" making a "D" sound") is Zolo in the english version.
And Ichigo's younger sister Karin is another the "R" makes a "D" sound.
And please next time you feel the need to lecture me on my language make sure you know what your talking about.

You know this is exactly why I didn't come back to AA right away, half the people on this site don't know what they're talking about and still they open their mouths. You know this isn't even worth it, I have better things to do with my life than waste it on a internet forum.

And in case you didn't see the end (some subbed versions cut off some of the ending, donno why) It shows Rurushu on the Ice ship as it headed back to china. And With the security around Japan being so tight I would think it would be hard for him to come and go in secret.




P.S - Sorry Karin I came back because you seemed to get excited when i would pop in, but this is just ridiculous.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Blue Haired Jesus
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1067
Joined: Nov 15, 2005 6:52pm
Gender: Male

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Blue Haired Jesus »

I learned to speak a little japaneses (mostly small phrases, and pronunciation basics) from my friend (who gets really testy about pronunciations mind you) so I know what your talkin about and how annoying it must be for you. Sorry your forced into a position in which you have to leave. Both me and Karin are gonna miss ya.
I AM THE BLUE HAIRED JESUS!
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Second in Command of the Black Knights
Karin Rengu
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3746
Joined: Jun 27, 2006 4:01pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Karin Rengu »

NO! AOI! DON'T LEAVE AGAIN!! :( I was excited! But I do see your point.

I didn't realized that R could also be D in Japanese!
L's Fan Club (Anti-Light)-President
Third in Command of the Black Knights
My Mod App.
Im Lawliet
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1369
Joined: Nov 12, 2007 5:40pm
Gender: Female

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Im Lawliet »

C.C.'s leaving *gives big puppy dog eyes* but you cant i need you to help me take down Britannia. Plus i like you as a friend X3
Dont worry, we have a coffin... just your size
Karin Rengu
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3746
Joined: Jun 27, 2006 4:01pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Karin Rengu »

Yea! Yea! Don't leave Aoi! Just ignore it when people are pretending to know what they're talking about but don't! I usually glare and tell them they suck but it's hard to glare at a person you're talking to over the internet XD
L's Fan Club (Anti-Light)-President
Third in Command of the Black Knights
My Mod App.
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 5579
Joined: Jul 20, 2005 10:34pm
Gender: Male

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

i'm sorry about trying to argue, but i'm just trying to prove a point that within the Anime Universe itself (disregarding language rules etc) There are reasons why the letter 'L' can be used in translation...i'm sorry but call me ignorant or what ever... i'm barely half-learned about the immediate subject, and i have the right to express my views no matter no matter how wrong it is ^_^

ruru = lulu, Karen=kallen who cares as long as it brings about the point the the sentence, so lets end this current discussion here and now, and onto the actual show, agreed?
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Karin Rengu
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3746
Joined: Jun 27, 2006 4:01pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Karin Rengu »

We can get onto the actual show anytime
L's Fan Club (Anti-Light)-President
Third in Command of the Black Knights
My Mod App.
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1834
Joined: Jan 07, 2007 11:26am
Gender: Female

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Commander Sparx »

Ok I will join, and please can some inform me about this club and what you people discuss?
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Karin Rengu
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3746
Joined: Jun 27, 2006 4:01pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Karin Rengu »

Have you ever seen Code Geass the show?
L's Fan Club (Anti-Light)-President
Third in Command of the Black Knights
My Mod App.
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1834
Joined: Jan 07, 2007 11:26am
Gender: Female

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Commander Sparx »

No, well not yet any way. Is it new?
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Lord of the Dark
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 100
Joined: Mar 24, 2008 10:49pm
Gender: Male

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Lord of the Dark »

Hmm, a club dedicated to Code Geass. Sure I'll join, I wanna be Rakshata if you wouldn't mind. And to answer Sparx's question Code Geass is relatively new, but It has been round since late 2006.
Chief engineer of the Black Knights.
Blue Haired Jesus
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1067
Joined: Nov 15, 2005 6:52pm
Gender: Male

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Blue Haired Jesus »

I don't have a problem with that.
I AM THE BLUE HAIRED JESUS!
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Second in Command of the Black Knights
Karin Rengu
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3746
Joined: Jun 27, 2006 4:01pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Karin Rengu »

Yea, its kinda new but amazing!
L's Fan Club (Anti-Light)-President
Third in Command of the Black Knights
My Mod App.
Lord of the Dark
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 100
Joined: Mar 24, 2008 10:49pm
Gender: Male

Re: Code Geass: order of the black knights

Post by Lord of the Dark »

Indeed it is
Chief engineer of the Black Knights.
Locked