Page 6 of 8
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 1:04pm
by Athos
Depends what you mean by "ridiculous." If you mean over $3/gal. it's possible. Gas prices are continuing to fall, but you will see a definite increase. I haven't checked to see how long or even why they said to make a cut in production....If I were President, I'd be at least going around OPEC by creating some kind of treaty (contract) to buy from some country that has oil, and is willing to sell it to us for a cheaper price. That way, competition is introduced into the oil market, which would lower prices of gas and create a big market. Jobs would be opening up, new businesses would be booming, it does really seem to the best thing that can be done. (Edit: It would also be beneficial to both countries).
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 10:47pm
by + тнє ѕαιηт +
urr, I'm Australian, so I don't exactly know how much a galleon is, but in Australia its been around 1.60/litre which is a fair bit can anyone tell me if thats alot, compared to the American fuel prices.
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 1:52am
by Athos
perpetualsorrowX wrote:urr, I'm Australian, so I don't exactly know how much a galleon is, but in Australia its been around 1.60/litre which is a fair bit can anyone tell me if thats alot, compared to the American fuel prices.
Basically, it'd be $3.71 (AUD) for 3.79 litres.
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 2:23am
by scorpionwarrior
perpetualsorrowX wrote:urr, I'm Australian, so I don't exactly know how much a galleon is, but in Australia its been around 1.60/litre which is a fair bit can anyone tell me if thats alot, compared to the American fuel prices.
-.- Just cause you're Australian doesn't mean you shouldn't know what a gallon is. We use gallons as well >.>
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 2:30am
by Freddie Mercury
These bastards need a good old stomping.
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 2:49am
by + тнє ѕαιηт +
scorpionwarrior wrote:perpetualsorrowX wrote:urr, I'm Australian, so I don't exactly know how much a galleon is, but in Australia its been around 1.60/litre which is a fair bit can anyone tell me if thats alot, compared to the American fuel prices.
-.- Just cause you're Australian doesn't mean you shouldn't know what a gallon is. We use gallons as well >.>
we dont use it in average day lives, how often do you go down to the petrol station and ever hear mention of the word Gallon.? thats what I thought
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 3:59am
by scorpionwarrior
No one goes down to a petrol station and says that XD. Unless you were ordering a gallon of petrol you have no need to
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 1:09pm
by Athos
You learn something new everyday. >_>
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 1:32pm
by Pennyroyal Tea
Gas is around 1.92 a gallon in New Jersey where I live.
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 2:13pm
by Aoi Sakuraba
it's around ¥133 per liter here. I think that's roughly ¥500 per gallon
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 2:57pm
by Athos
Wow, that's expensive.
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 1:51pm
by Yuki~
I think it's around R$2
but im not sure.
i know it's quite expensive
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 2:50pm
by Athos
for how much? Gallon, litre?
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 9:12pm
by Aoi Sakuraba
Yea it's quite expensive here and is still going up

Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 11:40pm
by Doctor
America has the cheapest fuel.
Re: i was wondering...
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 11:45pm
by Aoi Sakuraba
Doctor wrote:America has the cheapest fuel.
They should share then. lol
wish I could get some even at a decent price. These prices are ridiculous.