Page 7 of 15

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Jan 16, 2007 11:59pm
by Ryukon
Some stuffs in the beginning that are a little...
~*Hanne*~ wrote:Atashiwa no namai wa hanne desu!! yorushkun onegai shimasu!!
Atashi wa no namae wa Hanne desu!! Yoroshiku onegai shimasu!!

Also the emphasisms were stuck together with the words along with sentence particles and it might confuse people, so here's the real roomajis :
shizukani shiteyo
- Shizuka ni shite yo
fuzaken jyane--yo nande sonna koto shitan dayo-?!?!
- Fuzaken ja ne yo! Nande sonna koto shitan dayo?!?!
ge- hentai!
translation: feh! or weirdo!
- ^ Kinda like "ACK! Pervert!" or the likes. "Hen" is "weird".
nanda aitsu-
translation: what is wrong with her/him!
- Or "What's up with her/him?".
fuzaketeruyo
- Fuzaketeru yo
acchi ikeyo-!
- Acchi ikke yo!
kusaiyo~!
- Kusai yo! (actually means "stink" or "smelly")
namenn nayo
- I think it's "namen na yo". I haven't really heard this before.
saiaku
- ^ "the worst", but the other translation can work.
"nani taberuno?
- Nani taberu no? (the "no" is sometimes used to suggest a question rather than "ka")
nani tabeyo-ka?
- Nani tabe yo ka? (more along the lines of "what should I eat?" in a literal sense because there's no sentence particle. But said to a group of people can be changed to "what should we eat?" in a way)
nanini shiyou kana?
- Nani ni shiyou kana? (I'm not sure about this one. To me it sounds like "I wonder what I'm thinking..." since "kana" is a form of "I wonder". For "Let me think about it..." would probably be "Kangaetemiru")
nani kore?!
- ^ It's actually "What is this?!" in a literal sense, or "What the hell is this?!" if said with expression.
mazui!
- ^ An adjective that can also mean "gross" or "bad tasting".
a-kongetsuno okozukai sukunain dayone-
- Aa...Kongetsu no okozukai sukunai dayo ne...
"a-kochimo bimbo-dayo"(bimbo = beembo)
- Aa...ore mo bimbou dayo (<- No wonder I couldn't find it to make sense. That extended sound for "bimbou" was needed for "poor". I don't know about that "kochi" at the beginning though. Out of all the "I/me" I know, there's no "kochi". "Kochi" is like "(over) here" sort of thing. Anyway, I changed it to "ore". It's an arrogant type of form for saying "I/me" though for guys.)
e?
- Eh? (<- don't really need the "h", but most people will just read it as the letter/long vowel that sounds like "eeeeee".)
wakannai
- ^ Or "wakaranai".
soonano?" or "sou?" or "hontoni?
- Sonna no? Sou? Hontou ni?
"omoshiroi?" or "tanoshii?"
- ^ "Omoshiroi" is "interesting" and "tanoshii" is "fun".
chigauyo
- Chigau yo! (<- "no way", "that's not true", "(that's) wrong"...they all mean the same.)
majii de?!
- ^ I think "hontou" will be fine. I haven't heard of this one before (nor is there a translation for "majii" that I've found)
haji-
- ^ I really don't think one should be using this. When you're introducing yourself to someone, at all times you are to be humble and say the whole 9 yards of "hajimemashite" and so forth.
"ma-" (short for "tadaima")
- ^ Where is this used? Say this to a Japanese speaker and they'll look at you weirdly. Even I'm looking at this weirdly. That "maa" right now looks/sounds like "well..." to me. :|
"4649" (short for yoroshiku)
- ^ Again, I gotta ask: where is this used? I'm reading it as just numbers. Saying the numbers would be "yon, roku, yon, kyuu". I can see the similarites of omitting the last sound and change the numbers at the end to being "yo(n), ro(ku), shi(*instead of "yon" again), ku(*instead of the usual "kyuu"), but just where did "4649" come from??
"banwa-" (short for konbanwa)
- ^ "Banwa" sounds like "Ban wa" to me, which is "number" with a sentence particle. There is no going about or shortening greetings. Please stay with "konban wa" or "konnichi wa" or "ohayou gozaimasu".
"dokokara?"
- Doko kara
"pic aru?" or "gif aru?"
- PIKKU (ga) aru, GIFFU (ga) aru (<- the "ga" particle is optional, but use them when you want to ask politely along with "ka" at the end for the question indication. The capitalization and italics are placed where katakana should be and how it sounds in Japanese.)
"ochimasu!"
- ^ Er...this...this actually is "to fall down" you know :? :lol: or "to fail (exam)" or "to crash"..."I gotta go" would usually be either "mou ikanaku cha", "mata ne", or "ja(a) (ne)!"
"tanoshii!"
- ^ It actually directly translates to "(this is) fun", or "(how) fun" and the likes. Said with emphasis can mean "this is so fun!" though.
"nandattano ittai?"
- ^ I believe it's suppose to be "ittai nan datto?". But if you switch it around, I guess it could be acceptable as "nan datto...ittai...?"
"shirana-i"
- ^ Just "shiranai". If you want to make some emphasis without the actual emphasizing word, when you speak just pull the "a" in the "nai" longer as much as you want.
"mini iko-yo"
- Mi ni iko yo.
"so-dane"
- Soo dane...(<- more like "I see..." kind of thing)
"nanishiterun?"
- Nani o shiteru/Nani o shiteru no?
"iya betsuni..."
- Iya, betsuni... (<- kind of like the uneasy "Um/erm...nothin', really")
"nanka shiyo-yo"
- Nanka shi yo-yo (<- a form of play on words that puts two emphasized words together "yo-yo".)
"un iiyo"
- Un, ii yo (<- "Yeah, (it's) okay)
"nani sunno?"
- ^ More like "Nani suru no?", I believe. Sometimes that last "ru" for "suru" is a bit mumbled, which is why it would kind of sound like "sunno".
"nanka kangaeteyo"
- Nanka kangaete yo

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Jan 17, 2007 12:07am
by Ryukon
To the shortening of Japanese words, I have say "N.O.". Seriously. It's fine to use it between friends (but also with the accurate word at the beginning so they know you're shortening it and it's not the actual word), but please don't use it anywhere else, especially when you're talking to someone in person other than your friends (again). Shortening and chopping words is actually...kind of rude, you know, and insulting.

I actually didn't look at the whole list, but I spent almost two hours skimming through it. At least I got most of the bulk out of the way though. After I have some rest and some time, I'll do another check over to see if I got everything.

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Jan 17, 2007 1:24am
by ~*Hanne*~
wahahahaha gomen gomen

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Jan 17, 2007 1:00pm
by Ryukon
Ryukon wrote:Some stuffs in the beginning that are a little...
~*Hanne*~ wrote:Atashiwa no namai wa hanne desu!! yorushkun onegai shimasu!!
Atashi wa no namae wa Hanne desu!! Yoroshiku onegai shimasu!!
My apologizes. It's suppose to be "Atashi no namae wa Hanne desu". I accidently kept that extra "wa" sentence particle in there. :lol:

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Jan 21, 2007 12:51pm
by Yuki~
hm... i don't have how to put this in hiragana now, but what means... hm...
''choudai''? My friend said to an old woman "Kochi ni kite[mo] (*i don't remember if she said Kite or Kitemo*) choudai"...

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Jan 21, 2007 3:36pm
by Dreams
I can only guess it's... "kocchi ni kite choudai"? "Bring it over here"?

"kite choudai" is kind of like "bring".
"choudai" by itself is just a word tacked on to a -te verb meaning "please [do something]", kind of like "kudasai".

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Jan 23, 2007 1:02am
by Trishina
konnichi wa, watakushi no namae wa Vixen_blood_in_Ice desu.Watakushi wa seito desu.I just visited this forum because I'm also learning nihongo.^_^
And dreams your right.hai so desu.

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Jan 23, 2007 4:59am
by Dreams
Hajimemashite!

No need to be so formal with 'watakushi'. It makes you sound like a businessman to me, ho ho ho! Feel free to use something a little less rigid, like 'watashi' or 'atashi'.

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Jan 23, 2007 7:49pm
by Trishina
ok I just want to be more polite. ^_^ Sumimasen dreams san.

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Jan 23, 2007 8:43pm
by Dreams
Daijoubu n'da!

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Feb 08, 2007 1:32am
by Kippei-oniichan
whoa, Your good at Japanese, how do you say "Slay the Evil one!!"? in Japanese.

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Feb 08, 2007 8:32pm
by Dreams
Warumono (o) uchitomero!
悪者(を)打止めろ!

The o particle can probably be left out.

Re: Can someone help me learn Japanese?

Posted: Feb 08, 2007 11:39pm
by Trishina
yeah I want to learn japanese in the net also so therefore I'll have two japanese classes cool.please if someone knows the site please give the link.^^

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Apr 17, 2007 6:55am
by Krimmu Za Rabbitto
How does say I like you in japanese?

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Apr 18, 2007 10:19pm
by soulreaper_shinigami
Krimmu Za Rabitto wrote:How does say I like you in japanese?
suki da yo or daisuki, i guess, just check if i'm right or wrong :)

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Posted: Apr 19, 2007 3:36pm
by Yuki~
"大好きだよ-daisuki da yo" is the best one, I think.. o__o
unless there are another one I don't know...