Page 7 of 9

Re: Twilight

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 8:18pm
by KoYue
The first book started getting good towards the middle, but it had such a slow start. -_- The last book also followed that pattern for me, but I can't say much for the second or third books. I didn't like those at all.

Re: Twilight

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 6:33pm
by The Rage
The second book sounded really interesting- I look forward to the movie.

The fourth one sounds absolutely horrible though.
Spoiler
Show
Since when do vampires have sperm/sex/ability to reproduce/give c-sections?!

Re: Twilight

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 7:40pm
by KoYue
No clue. It was very . . . confusing. ^^;

Re: Twilight

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 8:18pm
by Tyche
Rage wrote:The second book sounded really interesting- I look forward to the movie.

The fourth one sounds absolutely horrible though.
Spoiler
Show
Since when do vampires have sperm/sex/ability to reproduce/give c-sections?!
Since Poppy Z. Brite made it so! 8) Except her vamires were waaaaay darker. 8)

Though, her vampires were also another species entirely. <.< They could reproduce with humans {killing the mother at birth} but not turn them.

Re: Twilight

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 5:23am
by The Rage
At least, there's an explanation right there.

In the manga, Rebirth, vampires and humans can somehow safely procreate, doesn't really provide an explanation, but the story is so good, I really don't care, lol.

Can't say the same for Twilight, unlike Rebirth, aside from the vampires and werewolves, it is a basic down-to-earth love story(not a lot of magical elements or outlandish plots compared to other stuff), so an explanation of some kind was necessary; otherwise, it sounds totally ridiculous.

Re: Twilight

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 5:26am
by The Rage
Lol, I should like a pro. critic or something... Yeah right.

Re: Twilight

Posted: Dec 23, 2008 7:12am
by Yuki~
I'm waiting the 3rd book to be published in portuguese now... -__-'
I wonder if they'll make all the movies

Re: Twilight

Posted: Jan 07, 2009 9:14pm
by Tyche
It also doesn't give an explination for their glowing skin (that I know of. I have no interntion of reading the 4th book just to find out). The only thing I can think of is that, in turing, their skin turned into fine bits of diamond instead of flesh, which would account for its resilience, low temperature, and its shine in sunlight.

Re: Twilight

Posted: Jan 07, 2009 10:16pm
by KoYue
It doesn't give an explanation for the glowing in any of the books.
Spoiler
Show
And the explanation given in the fourth book for Bella's sudden pregnancy is kinda weird, especially since the other books already established that the vampires have no bodily fluids left. :/
If they do end up making all the movies, I wonder how they're gonna pull of all the weird stuff that happens in the fourth book. :heh:

Re: Twilight

Posted: Jan 09, 2009 6:33am
by Tyche
That only makes me loathe the series all the more. :mrgreen:

Re: Twilight

Posted: Jan 09, 2009 10:23am
by KoYue
The first book was okay. There were a couple of chapters that I really enjoyed, but the last three . . . Well, Bella got kinda irritating in the second book and yeah. ^^;

Re: Twilight

Posted: Jan 09, 2009 10:33am
by Ethryl
I didn't read any because shiny vampires are really gay...besides the fact that the book is completely and utterly stupid beyond all forms of retard. The movie's worst.

Just another on my list of movies I'm NEVER going to see.

Re: Twilight

Posted: Jan 09, 2009 5:29pm
by The Rage
In the meantime, there are other movies to see, but those are for other threads.

Re: Twilight

Posted: Jan 09, 2009 9:39pm
by Tyche
Ethryl wrote:I didn't read any because shiny vampires are really gay...besides the fact that the book is completely and utterly stupid beyond all forms of retard. The movie's worst.

Just another on my list of movies I'm NEVER going to see.

You haven't seen it? Don't judge a movie on it's book, young one. [-X It's not Terra-bad, but it's not great. A decent waste of... idk how many hours and hard earned cash moneys. [-X

Re: Twilight

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 6:05pm
by The Rage
True.

Re: Twilight

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 6:42am
by Taylor_Chan
I've read almost all 4 books. And when I say almost I mean I'm almost done with the 4th one.