Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

i was wondering...

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 427
Joined: Nov 01, 2008 11:21pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

this is the point in time where I say "Yay for public transportation"
High wire escape artist
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Athos »

I get to use public transportation for free
Member of the ModSquad 8)
+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 427
Joined: Nov 01, 2008 11:21pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

my school bus is free, and on trains and such I get childrens tickets, which is practically free.
have you concession or something?
High wire escape artist
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Athos »

The train here doesn't take me anywhere that it stops at...Though, if I transfer to the other school, then I just might take the train to school. But yeah, it's a concession. The municipal transit agency created a program for college students to ride the bus anywhere for free.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
User avatar
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sep 13, 2006 5:04pm
Gender: Female

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Yuki~ »

Athos wrote:for how much? Gallon, litre?
litre.
that's expensive.

about public transportation, there should have more public transportation here and less cars.
that's why it takes us more than 1 hour to arrive somewhere in São Paulo. ](*,)
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
User avatar
Tyche
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1653
Joined: Dec 10, 2006 11:16am

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Tyche »

My town is so small and backwater that we have to drive half an hour to actually SEE a bus stop.
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
User avatar
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sep 13, 2006 5:04pm
Gender: Female

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Yuki~ »

Wow
Well.. my town is small too, but there are a lot of bus stop.
There's one near home actually ^^'
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Athos »

Same. And a train station.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I can walk 5 minutes and there's a train station
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Athos »

That's about the same time it'd take me to walk down there.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Athos »

Update: According to CNN- Money, gas prices generally rose from $1.663 per gallon to $1.66 (after an 86-day fall period). Might wanna start pinching your pennies.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Nyx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1996
Joined: Dec 21, 2006 2:16pm
Gender: Female

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Nyx »

Tyche wrote:My town is so small and backwater that we have to drive half an hour to actually SEE a bus stop.
Not to mention it's 20-30 minutes to the nearest train station. I just love the suburb of a suburb life, don't you?
AA Sibs: Coin-Boy, Casual, Biki, Tyche
AA Hubbies: EL, Kura, AOH I wuv my hubbies. All 3 of them. <3
AA X-mas Pressy: Cloud AA Luv: Cold
AA Child: Dogboy, Pervert. AA Grandchild: Master InuYasha
That'll do fangirl, that'll do.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2471
Joined: Jan 30, 2007 8:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Well Oil prices fell today so petrol prices have fallen once more =D
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Athos »

Really? Gas is going up on my end. It was just $1.63 and now it is up at $1.67
Member of the ModSquad 8)
User avatar
Taylor_Chan
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 100
Joined: Apr 11, 2007 7:16am
Gender: Female

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Taylor_Chan »

Prices arwe going back up! NOOOO! One day, I decided to keep track of the prices. Later that day, I noticed the price was $1.87. I thought it was great but the next day, it was like $2.22!
This sucks...
Why is love not meant for me at all? Do I deserve this?
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Athos »

Taylor_Chan wrote:Prices arwe going back up! NOOOO! One day, I decided to keep track of the prices. Later that day, I noticed the price was $1.87. I thought it was great but the next day, it was like $2.22!
This sucks...
I've been keeping track of my gas prices along with the price of oil. (View graph here) Gas is going up in most places, but it isn't going to drive up to $4 overnight. Since the summer, demand for gas has declined. Oil has fallen to about $40 a barrel. OPEC is upset because they aren't making any money even though they keep cutting production and meanwhile in the United States, we're just building up our reserves.

*Note on the link: prices are from only one of three gas stations in my area.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Locked