Page 1 of 3
Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 17, 2005 5:02pm
by Parn
Has anyone else seen the third and final arc of the Rurouni Kenshin series? The group of episodes in this arc are called the Tales of Meiji. If anyone has seen it, then tell me what you thought. I can tell you that I was disappointed in "End Song". It was a terrible ending for a great anime series.
re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 18, 2005 12:25am
by josh
are you talking bout samurai x: reflecton aswell....coz that has a sad ending....and the manga has a happy ending.....
re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 18, 2005 10:29am
by Parn
I was talking about the anime that has to do with the Rurouni Kenshin series that you can watch on the Cartoon Network.
I didn't know that the manga had a different ending though. How is it a happy ending?
re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 19, 2005 12:34am
by josh
samurai x is the OAVs to rurouni kenshin(the movies)
i really dont want to reck anything....for others aswell

re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 19, 2005 10:13am
by Parn
I've seen the Samurai X OVA's to. Just put up a spoiler section and tell me how the manga was different than reflection

re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 21, 2005 1:29am
by Dark Lilly
Parn said: Has anyone else seen the third and final arc of the Rurouni Kenshin series? ... I was disappointed in "End Song". It was a terrible ending for a great anime series.
++I agree. I thought the middle arc (Tales of Kyoto?) was the strongest. The last season didn't hold together nearly as well. Guess it was time for it to end. Loved Samauri X.
re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 21, 2005 12:14pm
by Parn
Legends of Kyoto was a great Arc in the series. Sano was just too funny in it all.
I just thought End Song was the worst ending ever to a great show. Are they even talking about picking it up again?
re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 21, 2005 6:10pm
by Kosakka
Well, I have seen ever episode OVA and series, plus half of the movie, and read manga vol. 1-5 . I can tell you that the manga is quite different but still has the same story and such, just different quirks in familiar episodes.
*OVA spoiler*
If you mean the revenge arc with Enishi and all, then I thought it was touching but still a little sad. I felt sorry for Enishi but still felt sad for Kenshin who still carried the blame for killing Tomoe. When he offered to let Enishi kill him I wanted to cry

(I think I did cry!)
*EXTREME SPOILER*
I think the saddest thing I ever watched though was when Kenshin died in Kaoru's arms

!!!!!!!! It was so touching though!!! I didn't like Kenji, he was really mean although I can understand how he got that way. Especially since (from what I've heard) "Kenji" means "great second son" because they had "taken in" Yahiko. I would be jealous too I suppose, human nature

.
re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 22, 2005 2:47am
by Raoul Duke
*Extremer Spoiler*
At least his scar faded on the day he died.
re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 22, 2005 12:10pm
by Kosakka
True, ture. *nods nods*
Re: re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 24, 2005 10:34am
by Parn
Kosakka wrote:Well, I have seen ever episode OVA and series, plus half of the movie, and read manga vol. 1-5 . I can tell you that the manga is quite different but still has the same story and such, just different quirks in familiar episodes.
*OVA spoiler*
If you mean the revenge arc with Enishi and all, then I thought it was touching but still a little sad. I felt sorry for Enishi but still felt sad for Kenshin who still carried the blame for killing Tomoe. When he offered to let Enishi kill him I wanted to cry

(I think I did cry!)
*EXTREME SPOILER*
I think the saddest thing I ever watched though was when Kenshin died in Kaoru's arms

!!!!!!!! It was so touching though!!! I didn't like Kenji, he was really mean although I can understand how he got that way. Especially since (from what I've heard) "Kenji" means "great second son" because they had "taken in" Yahiko. I would be jealous too I suppose, human nature

.
An even more touching part with the fight with Enishi was when Kaoru protected Kenshin and Enishi had a vision of his sister.
I think Kenji just hated Kenshin because he was never around and hated that Kaoru always waited for him. And how Kaoru always worried about Kenshin.
re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 24, 2005 11:41am
by Kosakka
I know why Kenji hated his father. It's also because Kaoru sometimes cried when he kept leaving and stuff. I'm just saying that some of his stingy-ness probably came from the Yahiko thing, even though they seemed to get along when they were going head to head. Yahiko matured quite a bit

.
re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 24, 2005 2:19pm
by Raoul Duke
Kenji didnt hate his father.
He just didnt want to be like him.
re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 24, 2005 2:23pm
by Kosakka
Meh, not hate, just strongly disliked, lol. I don't know he seemed pretty cold to him to me. You are probably right though DOM

.
re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 24, 2005 2:28pm
by Raoul Duke
Of course im right!

Kenji liked his father, he was sad that he wasnt around, and that that made Kaoru sad.
And he didnt want his fathers legacy. He wanted the secret of Hitenmitsurugi! So he left^^
re: Tales of the Meiji
Posted: Jan 24, 2005 2:32pm
by Kosakka
... Okay *hands the "always right" award* Don't miss-use your powers now!