Page 1 of 1

I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Mar 03, 2006 7:35am
by Alexiel Strife
How would you say I've had fun but(demo) I have to go home in japanese. Onigashimatsu!!

re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Mar 05, 2006 3:04pm
by Ayame_Kodoku
I think it's something like:

watashi wa tanoshimu demo watashi wa shite shimatta ni ie ugoku.

Those are the correct words, however the verbage may be incorrect. Hmm...hope that helps :-k

re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Mar 07, 2006 6:20am
by Alexiel Strife
I'll check on that, but thank you very much!!!
Domo Arigato gozaimatsu.

re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Mar 09, 2006 2:39am
by Ryukon
Hm...it's a little late for me to reply so I'll hold back on what I came up with.

Um...by the way, it's "onegaishimasu" for "please" and "doomo arigatoo gozaimasu". I know where you got that though, so don't worry. :)

re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Mar 09, 2006 5:43pm
by Ryukon
I went to my school Sensei to get this sentence translated. Turns out the one I originally had earlier was totally wrong, but here's what she got:

"I've had fun, but I have to go home."

Tanoshikatta, keredo, kaere nakereba narimasu.

That "-katta" in there is a past tense for for "fun". "Tanoshii" with that last "i" makes it an adjective, so working with adjective forms is different from your usual sentencing. Unfortunately, I can't clarify much on it considering I wasn't doing too well with adjectives (and it's been a little while since I worked with them).

Fun = tanoshii (place the last "i" in to make it an adjective)
Was fun = tanoshikatta ("-katta" makes it past tense)
Not fun = tanoshikunai ("-kunai" present negative tense)
Didn't/wasn't fun = tanoshikunakatta ("-kunakatta" negative past tense)

...something could be wrong...but like I said, it's been a while since I did this adjective thing.

Your usual adjectives that you know currently isn't necessarily an adjective in Japanese, so it's a little more complicated on occasions. The word for "fun" just happens to be one of them.

"Demo" is a form of "but", however I think it's more so used at the beginning of sentencing and not connecting two things with one another. "Keredo" has the same meaning but it's used to tie the two parts of the sentence together.

"Kaere" is a form of the word "kaeri" or "kaeru" which is "to return", but used as "to return home" for the most part.

As for the last few parts, I can only make guesses so I'll just leave it at that.

re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Mar 10, 2006 6:23am
by Alexiel Strife
Thanks alot I'm just now studying adjectives (i) and (na). Arigatoo gozaimatsu. Jaa ne!

re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Mar 10, 2006 5:29pm
by Ryukon
Doo itashimashite.

Ja matta ne.

re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Mar 22, 2006 6:48am
by Alexiel Strife
koniichiwa Ryukon san, ano...genkii desu ka.
umm how would I say I like you, but more than a friend, is it dai skii or aishite?

Re: re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Mar 22, 2006 5:19pm
by Ryukon
Alexiel Batsu wrote:koniichiwa Ryukon san, ano...genkii desu ka.
umm how would I say I like you, but more than a friend, is it dai skii or aishite?
ヂョ(dyo)

おかげさまで元気(Okagesama de genki)

It depends on the level. Even friendships they sometimes(but rarely) say "daisuki". It's not actually that proper to use the "dai" though. How one would go about it is the use of "totemo suki" or to dislike very much would be "totemo kirai".

Hm...in more of a love-relationship kind of term, yeah, the use of "daisuki" as in to "love/like very much". Putting the "totemo" in front of "daisuki" might be going a little overboard..lol.

The meaning for "aishiteiru", "ai o shite" or "aishite" would actually be more on the...deep intimate side...if you get what I mean. :lol:

re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Mar 23, 2006 6:01am
by Alexiel Strife
hai wakarimasu. Domo

re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Mar 23, 2006 6:25pm
by Ryukon
どういたしまして

Re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Apr 04, 2006 7:19pm
by Kage_Akuma
lmao
A friend of mine is obsessed with Japan for the sheer reason of anime and when I hang up the phone with her, she always says, "Aishitieru, Onee-chan!"
Now I can't stop laughing. xD

Re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Apr 05, 2006 12:32am
by Ryukon
:lol:

Well, now you know. :D

Re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: Apr 05, 2006 10:19am
by Alexiel Strife
Your kinding, thats so funny did you tell her what that meant.

Re: I would like to know how to say...

Posted: May 24, 2006 4:58pm
by Sasami Jurai
How do you say, "I have loved you all this time."?