Page 1 of 1
what's this mean?
Posted: Mar 08, 2006 8:21pm
by stormsangel
i've been wondering what does the phrase 'mada mada dane' mean??

re: what's this mean?
Posted: Mar 09, 2006 3:07am
by Ryukon
Nm...well, I know "mada mada" is something towards "still more to come", but what "mada mada dane" means at the moment, nothing rings a bell...
re: what's this mean?
Posted: Mar 09, 2006 5:33pm
by Ryukon
Actually, I have the meaning now. I had to ask my school Sensei.
Anyways, "mada mada" is, like I said before, "still to come" and so things related to that. As for the "dane" part, it's an informal form of "desu ne".
That's all.
Re: what's this mean?
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 11:14am
by kayya_93
what this mean:shichinintai sharyou bankotsu,but this:kuromiko tsubaki,toki wo koete kagome,shinjitsu no yume,youani sesshomaru,naraku no yabo,and.....that's all

Re: what's this mean?
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 6:56pm
by Ryukon
kayya_93 wrote:what this mean:shichinintai sharyou bankotsu,but this:kuromiko tsubaki,toki wo koete kagome,shinjitsu no yume,youani sesshomaru,naraku no yabo,and.....that's all

Uh...woo...Inuyasha names too...
Do you mean "Shinichitai"? Because it basically translates to the "Band of Seven". But then again...so does "Shichinintai" pretty much...(curse you counters! Two in one day!)
Sharyou = I'm not sure you want this translation as it deals with cars...if you have the kanji for this, I'm not sure if I can read it.
Bankotsu = the kanji for the dude's name could be different, but from as far as I can tell, it's "brute courage, recklessness" or "thousand lives"
Kuromiko Tsubaki = basically "Black Priestess Tsubaki". If you want to know what "tsubaki" is, it would be the flower Camellia. But again, name kanjis could be different.
Kagome = there's no translation. It's just a name. And in hiragana no less. There's also a game called "Kagome" but I don't think her name came from that.
Shinjitsu no yume = "dream of truth", but are you talking about "song of truth" from the 5th ending? If it is, it would be "shinjitsu no uta"
Youani = *scratches head*...since this is revolving around Inuyasha, I guess it could be "older brother demon" or something like that. But other than that, there's no translation for this.
Sesshoumaru = "ring of death" or something similar to that. You should get the picture from just reading it...lol
Naraku no yabo = "Naraku's unrefindness". But if you mean "Naraku no yabou" it would be "Naraku's treachery".
I have a question: "toki wo koete kagome"...did you mean to have those translated together along with "youani Sesshoumaru" too?
Re: what's this mean?
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 1:06am
by geishaboy
"Mada Mada da ne" means "I have a long way to go yet". It is a set phrase that people say when someone compliments them on being good at something. Alot of the time you will find people say just "Mada Mada" or "Mada mada desu"
Like:
おお、キミは日本語が上手ですね!
OO, kimi ha nihongo ga jouzu desu ne!
(Oh, you're quite good at Japanese)
いや、まだまだだね
iya, mada mada da ne
(Not really, I still have a long way to go)
Re: what's this mean?
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 3:58am
by kayya_93
"yes"for lieutenent colonel ryukon
Re: what's this mean?
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 4:00am
by kayya_93
and thanks!!!!!!!i forgot to thank you.i am from romania and i am not so good at english

Re: what's this mean?
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 7:34pm
by Ryukon
You seem pretty good at it to me...
I may have to get back to you on the "toki" thing. It sounds familiar but I'm going to have to search through some old notes (if my teacher doesn't have them that is).
Re: what's this mean?
Posted: Apr 25, 2006 1:37am
by kikyou_93
hy.this is my new nickname.the old nickname was kayya_93