Page 1 of 1

Phunk

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 8:27pm
by ANGEL OF HELL
do any of you people listen to Phunk? like Bootsy Collins, Parlament, Prince, etc. I love Phunk and it rocks! I also figure out tha rock came from phunk and was based on it, so if you didnt have any phunk, then alot of artists you see today wouldnt be around :-k

Re: Phunk

Posted: Apr 27, 2006 11:56pm
by Nanashi
I love funk music! Parlament, The Commodores, Tower of Power, George Clinton. It's just great music, the beats are great, the singing was cool and heck, the 70's man. I love me some 70's. Peace out :color:

Re: Phunk

Posted: Apr 28, 2006 12:52am
by Ethereal Blaze
i'm not a huge fan, i prefer Jazz over funk, but yeah ^_^ its kinda laid back. my fave Funk artist being Jamiroquai. i'll hafta link to one of their greatest songs later :mrgreen:

Re: Phunk

Posted: May 08, 2006 7:15am
by Hobo_13
i heard a song about it...kinda...

"hot phunk cool punk even if its
old junk its still rock and roll to me!" :heh:

Re: Phunk

Posted: May 08, 2006 7:25am
by Cold Revolver
Vampire Hunter D wrote:I love funk music! Parlament, The Commodores, Tower of Power, George Clinton. It's just great music, the beats are great, the singing was cool and heck, the 70's man. I love me some 70's. Peace out :color:
Of cource you do man, your one awsome Hippie. :color:

Re: Phunk

Posted: May 10, 2006 10:19am
by Shinmeiryuu
Yeah, there are alot of good "phunk" bands, as you call it. James Brown, B.B. King, Ray Charles, Charles Wright, Harlem Underground, Prince(hardly falls into this catagory though), War, Bobby Byrd... Those are the ones at the top of my head, though there are others.

Re: Phunk

Posted: May 25, 2006 4:18pm
by Hobo_13
hey! nice! plato rules!!!