Page 1 of 2

Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Jun 12, 2006 3:32am
by geishaboy
This just crossed my mind just now as I was staring blankly into space trying to figure out how to come up with a better animal than a "cow cat"

Japanese link sticky on AA :idea:

So, if any of you wonderful people have any links to ANY Japanese related websites

Feel free to post them here

Let the link fest begin :!:

Re: Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Jun 12, 2006 3:40am
by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
:D Anything japanese?

M'kay.

Project J

Just press any name you want to check out and you'll come to the main site where you can see everything better.

Japanese Mythology

Some interesting stuff.

Re: Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 5:06pm
by Ryukon
Japanese Holidays/Culture Things and other related links

A general idea of what days Japan takes to heart and why.

Re: Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Jun 24, 2006 12:57am
by geishaboy
I found this little gem, just pop a kanji into it, and it will spit out the meaning AND the hiragana conversion

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi- ... ic.cgi?1KG

Brilliant

Re: Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Jun 24, 2006 2:04pm
by Ryukon
芸者男の子 wrote:I found this little gem, just pop a kanji into it, and it will spit out the meaning AND the hiragana conversion

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi- ... ic.cgi?1KG

Brilliant
:shock: :shock:

あなた。は。神どの!!!

Re: Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Jun 26, 2006 5:48pm
by Ryukon
I forgot about this one that I have in my Favorites:

http://www.alc.co.jp/

Basically, you just type in an English word or a short English phrase in the white box and it should give you various sentences in the results that involves those words you put in.

It's in hiragana and kana. With the help of the kanji link 芸者男の子-san has given, it'll make things easier should you not know the kanji (like me).

I usually use this site to help me construct sentences...you can probably guess what they are. Heh.

Re: Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Aug 13, 2006 12:36am
by Dreams
Lieutenant Colonel Ryukon wrote:I forgot about this one that I have in my Favorites:
alc.co.jp
Urgh, you took my best suggestion!
I KNOW I showed you that one. XD

Two other excellent links:
(It still won't let me post full URLs on the board, so put the http part before them.)

dict.regex.info/cgi-bin/j-e/dict - Nice dictionary, especially nice for beginners who still rely on roomaji.

goo.ne.jp - Awesome dictionary and more, all in Japanese.

Re: Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Aug 13, 2006 1:06am
by Ryukon
I know. I stole your idea. Isn't it grand? :lol:

Re: Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Aug 13, 2006 9:47pm
by geishaboy
Something I have noticed is a lack of good FREE Japanese study tools, If you know of any really good ones, I'd love to know

And of all the crap I have sifted through, I have come up with these two

JlookUp is a really easy to use, completely free downloadable Japanese to english dictionary, now the great thing about this one is that you can add dictionarys to the main dictionary database, and you can select wich ones you want to use and when, this comes in handy as there are dictionarys specifically for names, places, geological terms ect.. It also has a multi radical look up function wich is alot of help

My only gripe is that it does not really know how to list words in order of significance, anway, linkage

http://jlookup.aumaan.no-ip.org/

Wakan is another really good, completely free, downloadable program, although some people find it harder to use than JlookUP, it has a bunch more features, you can compile your own vocab/kanji study lists and it also has a flash card type study function, I really like this program, but I only got it a couple of weeks ago, so I havent been able to push it to it's limits

Anyway, linkage

http://wakan.manga.cz/?page=features&lang=en


If you know of anymore, I would love to hear about them

Re: Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Nov 02, 2006 1:52am
by geishaboy
And!`, no link thread can be without Jim Breems Japanese page

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/japanese.html

translation

Posted: Dec 15, 2006 2:55am
by meadoll
u click to search china.yakushite..u go to dat site,u will able to change english word to japanese..good luck

Re: translation

Posted: Dec 16, 2006 3:49am
by geishaboy
Interesting site actually, I will have to play around with it more when I'm sober

Re: Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Jan 02, 2007 4:03pm
by [Batman]
This should defnitely be stickied. Plenty of curious anime users need this.

Re: Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Jan 06, 2007 3:25am
by geishaboy
{Rasengan!}Uzumaki Naruto wrote:This should defnitely be stickied. Plenty of curious anime users need this.
Well, I stickied it to begin with, but no one posted in it

But if you think it needs a second chance, I'm all for it

Re: Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Jan 08, 2007 11:24am
by Dreams
http://www.vegasociety.com - The guy who runs it is Arab, and has lessons for Arabic and Spanish so far. I plan on giving him Japanese lessons to post (and fixing some of the phrases he has up right now) as well as phrases in other languages. So... hopefully. Check back there. It'll be useful.

I also do Japanese lyrics translations for fun:
http://www.dreamsthunder.com/ameame/stuff/japlyrics.htm
I have a bazillion more to put online yet, so when I start, I think I'll be moving it to its own site. I've got quite a bit that aren't up on AnimeLyrics, which I signed up for but then realized it takes about 2 years to get anything moderated and put online there. Too bad for them.

I almost forgot!
http://www.rawmanga.com
You can download entire books of popular manga in Japanese, although the downloads go very slow. But last night I was so happy to find this place I almost cried, because I was bemoaning not being able to afford to import Hikaru no Go manga.

Re: Japanese Language/Culture/whatever links

Posted: Jan 08, 2007 2:39pm
by geishaboy
Dreams wrote: http://www.rawmanga.com
You can download entire books of popular manga in Japanese, although the downloads go very slow. But last night I was so happy to find this place I almost cried, because I was bemoaning not being able to afford to import Hikaru no Go manga.
AWESOME FIND!

God damn, it even had the train man manga