Page 1 of 3

Name translation

Posted: Jun 24, 2006 6:56pm
by roxaskeyblademaster63
My name's Christopher... What's that in JPN?

Re: Name translation

Posted: Jun 24, 2006 7:39pm
by Ryukon
There's two ways I can think of, but I'm not too sure which one is better:

Christopher = Kurishitafaa = クリシタファー

Christopher = Kurisutafaa = クリスタファー

...I think the 2nd one is what you should take, in my opinion.

Re: Name translation

Posted: Jun 25, 2006 3:01am
by geishaboy
I'd go with the second one

Re: Name translation

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 12:50pm
by anime_skillah
my name is lars (norwegian name) whats that in japanese`?

Re: Name translation

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 9:09pm
by Ryukon
It depends on how it's being pronounced. Is the "a" a long or a short vowel?

Re: Name translation

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 4:37am
by anime_skillah
its a short

Re: Name translation

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 5:19pm
by Ryukon
Nars = narusu = ナルス

Re: Name translation

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 6:31pm
by Ichigo--<
My name's Mi, but my family calls me Phuong (((middle name)). Can you translate both of my names PLLLEEEEAAASE..! Thanks ^^
*~Phuong Mi--< :roll:

Re: Name translation

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 8:03pm
by Ryukon
Mi = mi = ミ

Phuong (I'm assuming it's pronounced "Fu-ong") = fuongu = フオング

Re: Name translation

Posted: Jul 14, 2006 6:16pm
by KoYue
I wonder if someone can translate my real name. Someone told me there's no "ye" in Japanese, but . . .
Well, it's Yesenia. Would anyone like to try it?

Re: Name translation

Posted: Jul 14, 2006 9:52pm
by Ryukon
Yeah. There's no "ye", just like there's no "yi". It's either "ya", "yu", or "yo".

There are some changes, but I'm not sure at the moment.

I'll give it a try, but 芸者男の子-san would probably be better at this:

Yesenia = hesenia = ヘセニア

Re: Name translation

Posted: Jul 14, 2006 10:19pm
by KoYue
Interesting. Thank you very much, Lieutenant Colonel Ryukon!
:mrgreen:

Re: Name translation

Posted: Jul 15, 2006 2:28am
by geishaboy
Yeah, I would have said the same thing ryukon

Re: Name translation

Posted: Jul 15, 2006 1:11pm
by Ryukon
I was trying to fiddle around with my katakana mode on the IME Pad. イェ didn't look so good, so I just changed it to ヘ instead.

To KoYue-san: you're welcome.

Re: Name translation

Posted: Aug 17, 2006 3:18pm
by Roy Hughes
I think my Japanese name is Joshu but I could be wrong. (in case you hadn't noticed my real name is Josh)

Re: Name translation

Posted: Aug 19, 2006 10:01pm
by Ryukon
Yes, it is.