Page 1 of 2

Phrase

Posted: Aug 02, 2006 10:10pm
by roxaskeyblademaster63
What does the phrase "Sakura Saku Made" mean?

Re: Phrase

Posted: Aug 03, 2006 2:01am
by Ethereal Blaze
i used an online translator.

"Cherry Blossom to bloom until"

if i'm wrong, i apologise ^^

Re: Phrase

Posted: Aug 03, 2006 2:41am
by Ryukon
Zomg, I dislike roomaji so much...

Sakura saku made = until the sakura blooms

Or something near 'round there. Saku could mean other numerous things though: scheme, fence, to spare, or to split.

Re: Phrase

Posted: Aug 03, 2006 2:46am
by Ethereal Blaze
naw, i like romanji. it means i can read it ^^ if i learn jap, its just to speak it, not read or write. i'm lazy like that.

Re: Phrase

Posted: Aug 03, 2006 2:52am
by Ryukon
The thing with roomaji that I have qualms with is that it has almost endless meanings to it, or to put it to a more practical level, multiple translations. Saku is just one of them.

But I am also conscious of people who can't read, or sees the little infamous boxes. I've been through both so I don't actually hate it.

Translating roomaji songs...oh man...I don't want to go through that again...

Re: Phrase

Posted: Aug 03, 2006 2:56am
by Ethereal Blaze
to each his own then, i guess. but, when it comes to ROmanji, why not try using google, especially for lyrics. animelyrics.com seems to have ROmanji and the english translation for quite a few songs. it might not be the most likeable thing for you, but, people seem more interested in ROmanji.

Re: Phrase

Posted: Aug 03, 2006 3:05am
by Ryukon
I'm not condeming roomaji, mind you. It just means I have to work a little harder in order to understand, and I'm very lazy to get myself going.

People who know the language translate a bit differently, but for those that have done roomaji lyric translations or just translations can probably sympathize with each other that it's not the most easiest thing in the world. It's really difficult when working with that certain format (especially when it's lettered all over the place).

Still, like you said, not everyone can read kanji and kana. That's one of the reasons why we romanize it to something that mostly all the people can see and know what it spells out and therefore turn to that for their liking. Not everyone has the same privelage as the other person, but we try to equalize it somewhere.

Re: Phrase

Posted: Aug 03, 2006 3:07am
by Ethereal Blaze
well, i always have a tonne of time on my hands. how about, if i see a lyrics request, i'll try and find 'em? Kana isnt my thing, but 'mnaji is ^^ it'd be a burden less on you :mrgreen:

Re: Phrase

Posted: Aug 03, 2006 3:17am
by Ryukon
I've only worked on one roomaji song translation out of my entire life, and it's in this forum. I've considered taking the 2nd level test on animelyrics.com to do translations, but, eh...lazy...plus I don't want to freak a little as I did before trying to find the right meanings and translations while composing a sensible context at the moment. I may do it later though. Just not right now.

It's not a burden, really. The roomaji thing comes gradually and in small amounts so for a split moment or two I'll shake my head, but I get over it.

Re: Phrase

Posted: Aug 03, 2006 9:22pm
by roxaskeyblademaster63
How to say Stronger and Stronger in Japanese: is this right:
tsuyoku tsuyoku
強く強く

Re: Phrase

Posted: Aug 06, 2006 3:24pm
by geishaboy
Yeah, it's something like that

Re: Phrase

Posted: Aug 25, 2006 2:57am
by Mixmint
hey, how do u say, "the most beautiful flower blooms last of all".

Re: Phrase

Posted: Aug 25, 2006 5:49am
by Dreams
"The most beautiful flower blooms last of all."
Motto mo utsukushii hana ga saigo ni saite iru.
最も美しい花が最後に咲いている。

Re: Phrase

Posted: Sep 01, 2006 2:58am
by Mixmint
Thanks dreams =D> =D> =D>

Re: Phrase

Posted: Sep 14, 2006 3:02pm
by Yuki~
hm.. I don't like romanji too, but I can't write in hiragana, katakana or kanji, so, I'll write in romanji.... what means ''kimi e to kagayaku''?? It's a part of a very beautiful song... XD can someone tell me what does that mean, please? XD Thanks

Re: Phrase

Posted: Sep 15, 2006 10:12pm
by Ryukon
Looks like "shine with you" to me, but I'm not sure with that "e" in there.