Page 1 of 2
Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 8:32pm
by Gaming Goddess
So, I'm looking to lose like 15 pounds, or more. Over about 2 1/2 months, I've lost 10 pounds. But it's hard to stay on track and eat below 1400 everyday. Especially in this house.
Tips for fatty?
Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 8:50pm
by Pennyroyal Tea
Exercise regularly. Also, don't do something stupid like starve yourself, or eat walnuts for a month, because you'd just end up gaining a bunch of it back when you went back to a normal diet. So the best thing is just to exercise regularly. Stick to a schedule.
Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 9:07pm
by Gaming Goddess
[censored] exercise, I don't have the time for that!
Seriously, I don't. my life revolves around school and sleep, so I have like maybe 3 hours at night before I have to go back to sleep. =[
Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 1:07am
by josh :)
Can you walk to school? Don't eat food right before going to bed. Drink orange juice, walk your puppy, and start playing netball or something
Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 8:04am
by Nyx
Drink water and tea (sans sugar) rather than juices, skim milk if you can stand it over 2% or whole...Try to avoid red meats in favor of leaner stuff like white meat off chicken/turkeys...Fruits and veggies are a good way to get a quick rush of sugar. Try to cut back on carbs without going all Atkins (cuz that's bullsheet). That's all I remember from that Dine and Discuss, sorry.
Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 11:46am
by SASSZAIN
wait, since when are you fat.. ?
Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 2:55pm
by Dretlin
SASSZAIN wrote:wait, since when are you fat.. ?
Since Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:32 am - apparently.
Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 6:47pm
by Gaming Goddess
josh wrote:Can you walk to school? Don't eat food right before going to bed. Drink orange juice, walk your puppy, and start playing netball or something
Can't, don't, should, do sometimes, netball? Is that any game with a net and a ball?
Nyx wrote:Drink water and tea (sans sugar) rather than juices, skim milk if you can stand it over 2% or whole...Try to avoid red meats in favor of leaner stuff like white meat off chicken/turkeys...Fruits and veggies are a good way to get a quick rush of sugar. Try to cut back on carbs without going all Atkins (cuz that's bullsheet). That's all I remember from that Dine and Discuss, sorry.
I try, I do, I do, have lots of fruit. As for the carb thing, I tried that for a while, and crap man, that BLEW. I'd look at bread and think "get it mah bellah! GET IN MAH BELLAH", which explains why that didn't last long.
And I've been fat since ever, sssshh, don't tell

Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 7:53pm
by Athos
What is your fighting weight?
Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 8:32pm
by Gaming Goddess
My current weight is ~150 lbs

Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 12:59am
by josh :)
Take up smoking.
Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 3:46am
by Clamato
I am sure you can purchase help, sleezy help on Craigs List. You can get almost anything there.

Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 12:40am
by Athos
Yeah...Even murder.
Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 7:17am
by Clamato
It's probably true lol, I have found some pretty disturbing things there for sale..
Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 3:31pm
by Mik3
Eat what you regulary would, but in smaller portions. Do a couple sets of pushups or situps and have a little snack in between meals so you won't get too hungry.
Re: Dieting tips
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 6:53pm
by Twilight Night Wolf
While these all do sound like great suggestions one must remember that it is more difficult for girls/women to lose wait than it id for boys/men. One thing you could try doing is picking something that you regularly eat that is potentially a source of fating calories and carbs and completely stop eatting/drinking that food and find something else isn't as fating for you to eat/drink in it's place. I did this with soda and lost 30 lbs (I am a guy though but it could work for females too) I now only drink water, green tea, and juices. This suggestion you may find a little difficult to do so it should probably be done as last resort if all else fails.