Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

such a LOVELY place

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
Locked
User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female

such a LOVELY place

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

So....Rio to hold the Olympics, the number 6 most violent city in the WORLD....600 slums in 1 city.....weekly gun fights....police that shoot more innocents than they do criminals. And now you're not even safe FLYING above the city. lmao

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8312885.stm
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Dretlin »

There is already a topic about the 2012 Olympics. I will not merge them at this time, but I will if it suits it in the future.
User avatar
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sep 13, 2006 5:04pm
Gender: Female

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Yuki~ »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:So....Rio to hold the Olympics, the number 6 most violent city in the WORLD....600 slums in 1 city.....weekly gun fights....police that shoot more innocents than they do criminals. And now you're not even safe FLYING above the city. lmao

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8312885.stm
and...????? Seriously,I'm tired to listen how much Rio is violent.

And I think unless you're a policeman (or you're in a police helicopter) or you're involved with drug gangs, you'll be safe FLYING above the city.
#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

(although I don't like Rio, I got really angry when i read this topic XDD )
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Rio is lame.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Dretlin »

The Joker wrote: Rio is lame.
Rio is a sexy bikini.

I can't help but perhaps believe this topic is motivated by another city no receiving the games. As this topic completely and utterly ignores any positive and only shows one incident.
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
The Joker wrote: Rio is lame.
Rio is a sexy bikini.

I can't help but perhaps believe this topic is motivated by another city no receiving the games. As this topic completely and utterly ignores any positive and only shows one incident.
I thought that if I summarized the collective thoughts of the people who would post in this thread there would be no need to post in it so that this thread could just die.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Dretlin »

The Joker wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
The Joker wrote: Rio is lame.
Rio is a sexy bikini.

I can't help but perhaps believe this topic is motivated by another city no receiving the games. As this topic completely and utterly ignores any positive and only shows one incident.
I thought that if I summarized the collective thoughts of the people who would post in this thread there would be no need to post in it so that this thread could just die.
What you posted may be, in a nut shell, the end result of an inarticulate and moronic saga - that will be this thread.

It's the horribly frustrating and immature journey that counts my chocolate teddy bear!
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
The Joker wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
The Joker wrote: Rio is lame.
Rio is a sexy bikini.

I can't help but perhaps believe this topic is motivated by another city no receiving the games. As this topic completely and utterly ignores any positive and only shows one incident.
I thought that if I summarized the collective thoughts of the people who would post in this thread there would be no need to post in it so that this thread could just die.
What you posted may be, in a nut shell, the end result of an inarticulate and moronic saga - that will be this thread.

It's the horribly frustrating and immature journey that counts my chocolate teddy bear!
But can't we all just get along my vanilla ice cream cone?
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:I can't help but perhaps believe this topic is motivated by another city no receiving the games.
You would be dead wrong dret because I didn't want Tokyo to get them. When I first heard Tokyo put in a bid I thought it would be cool until I realized I don't want all those ridiculous tourists trashing our city, It is fact that Olympics tourists are the biggest slobs in the world and obviously don't know what a trash can is for since they never seem to use them. Olympics tourists trash every city that hosts them, there is always garbage left everywhere. I wanted Madrid because I could vacation in Spain during that year and watch some Olympics while I was there.

oh and here's another news headline for Rio. Thousands of more troops sent into the streets to try quelling the violence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8313631.stm
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Ritchie Blackmore
Rookie Otaku
Posts: 31
Joined: Jul 01, 2009 12:20am
Gender: Male

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Ritchie Blackmore »

SASSZAIN wrote:the only reason i allowed a relationship with mel, is because her goals where exactly the same as my own.
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Dretlin »

The Joker wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
The Joker wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Rio is a sexy bikini.

I can't help but perhaps believe this topic is motivated by another city no receiving the games. As this topic completely and utterly ignores any positive and only shows one incident.
I thought that if I summarized the collective thoughts of the people who would post in this thread there would be no need to post in it so that this thread could just die.
What you posted may be, in a nut shell, the end result of an inarticulate and moronic saga - that will be this thread.

It's the horribly frustrating and immature journey that counts my chocolate teddy bear!
But can't we all just get along my vanilla ice cream cone?
Yes we can, as some blackish guy said. Out of interest (and probably obligation!) what is your opinion on Rio hosting?
Ha.
Mik3
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 593
Joined: Nov 08, 2006 6:12am
Gender: Male

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Mik3 »

Rios not my first choice either but Beijing had alot of theft and kidnappings going on during the olympics. Theres crime ever, some places more than others. Rio is doing the world cup and the olympics, im sure they''ll be on task concerning public safety if you stay in the right place. Just like you would in any major city.
I remembered my password.
User avatar
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sep 13, 2006 5:04pm
Gender: Female

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Yuki~ »

Mik3 wrote:Rios not my first choice either but Beijing had alot of theft and kidnappings going on during the olympics. Theres crime ever, some places more than others. Rio is doing the world cup and the olympics, im sure they''ll be on task concerning public safety if you stay in the right place. Just like you would in any major city.
they say they are working on it.
I hate him, but Lula said he wants to erase all the violence on Rio until 2016.
and there was Pan-Americano (i have no idea whats called in English, so ill write the name in portuguese =P) in 2007 (?) and it was completly safe. AND IT WAS ON RIO.
i might be wrong, but i think police negociated with the drug gangs and then there was no danger back then!!

:!:
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
Nyx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1996
Joined: Dec 21, 2006 2:16pm
Gender: Female

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Nyx »

I still want Chicago, because I live there. =)
AA Sibs: Coin-Boy, Casual, Biki, Tyche
AA Hubbies: EL, Kura, AOH I wuv my hubbies. All 3 of them. <3
AA X-mas Pressy: Cloud AA Luv: Cold
AA Child: Dogboy, Pervert. AA Grandchild: Master InuYasha
That'll do fangirl, that'll do.
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
The Joker wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
The Joker wrote: I thought that if I summarized the collective thoughts of the people who would post in this thread there would be no need to post in it so that this thread could just die.
What you posted may be, in a nut shell, the end result of an inarticulate and moronic saga - that will be this thread.

It's the horribly frustrating and immature journey that counts my chocolate teddy bear!
But can't we all just get along my vanilla ice cream cone?
Yes we can, as some blackish guy said. Out of interest (and probably obligation!) what is your opinion on Rio hosting?
Ha.
I think the Olympic games should go to the place that not only wants it more, and needs it more. If they decided it was Rio, it should be Rio, as long as they're able to be hospitable, I agree with the decision.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male

Re: such a LOVELY place

Post by Dretlin »

The Joker wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
The Joker wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
What you posted may be, in a nut shell, the end result of an inarticulate and moronic saga - that will be this thread.

It's the horribly frustrating and immature journey that counts my chocolate teddy bear!
But can't we all just get along my vanilla ice cream cone?
Yes we can, as some blackish guy said. Out of interest (and probably obligation!) what is your opinion on Rio hosting?
Ha.
I think the Olympic games should go to the place that not only wants it more, and needs it more. If they decided it was Rio, it should be Rio, as long as they're able to be hospitable, I agree with the decision.
Then lets make love.
Locked