Page 1 of 1

Who do we really know?

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 2:13pm
by Gaming Goddess
Today, I had a good friend tell me what happened 4 years ago.

Her boyfriend (whom I was friends with as well) raped her. I think she implied it happened more than once too...


4 years ago, we were tight, she never told me. And her boyfriend, while quick to anger, didn't seem like he'd hurt her. I just don't know what to believe right now. What do I really know about anyone?

Should I have guessed he was the type? Could I have? Looking back it does make sense... Why didn't I put it together?




We assume we know people... We don't.

Re: Who do we really know?

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 3:10pm
by Dretlin
It seems your feelings, are close, to sharing the blame for the actions of a human pig.

It is true, what you see, is most likely not the entire person. And you can never blame yourself, for how well someone can hide they're true motives or actions.

What motivates your sincerity is important and it is clear to see in your post, your honest, caring and passionate sincerity - shines through.

Re: Who do we really know?

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 2:22am
by Athos
I maintain that we know very few things, but for the most part, we know nothing.

Re: Who do we really know?

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 4:49pm
by SASSZAIN
perception is a powerful thing. we see what we want to see, when we want to see it. Then when we are forced to see something we don't want to see, we see nothing.

Re: Who do we really know?

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 12:51pm
by Hardcore
I hope our little chat in chat helped some

Re: Who do we really know?

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 10:30am
by Shining Star
*hugs GG*

You're right though..we dont really know anyone, and when we do we see the ugly truth about them.

I've witness this quite a few times in the closest of my friendships.

You can't blame yourself about what you did or didnt know...the guilt game is never fun.

Re: Who do we really know?

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 1:01pm
by .:Aki-Kun:.
Sweetie this is a simple answer...when we assume that we are in love with a guy common sense doesn't kick in cuz, we are blinded with love....so don't blame yourself not seeing it cuz, most girls just put their thoguhts and just beat themselves up for something that they can't help

things happen for a reason and sometimes it is for the good or the bad reason at times .... the time it happen we don't know why it happens but, long in the future we figure things out

so don't beat yourself up for something you couldn't never have stop even if you stop the watch and go back .... things happen and mostly for the good.

Re: Who do we really know?

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 2:50pm
by Pennyroyal Tea
We know the candyman. Because no matter what, we know the candy man can.

Re: Who do we really know?

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 3:00pm
by SASSZAIN
^LAWL fail

Re: Who do we really know?

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 1:45pm
by Hardcore
Pennyroyal Tea wrote:We know the candyman. Because no matter what, we know the candy man can.
Seriously..?

Grow up.

Re: Who do we really know?

Posted: Jul 08, 2010 12:02pm
by Pennyroyal Tea
Damn wrote:
Pennyroyal Tea wrote:We know the candyman. Because no matter what, we know the candy man can.
Seriously..?

Grow up.
Of course not.

Re: Who do we really know?

Posted: Jul 09, 2010 2:48am
by fleurish
4 years ago, you were 15.
Our brains were still developing
You might not have been able to piece it all together then unless it was like right in your face

Re: Who do we really know?

Posted: Jul 14, 2010 9:31pm
by Revy the two hands
Most people are not who they say they are, especially in terms of being in love.

Re: Who do we really know?

Posted: Jul 18, 2010 4:43pm
by Jade_Steel_Hawk
It's hard to trust people. There are plenty of things I've never told anyone, and I don't ever plan to tell.
But things change.
She might have been traumatized by the incident, and too embarrassed to tell anyone. With something like that, though, it's probably a weight off of her chest now that she's told you. The best thing is to be there and listen.
Even if you did know about it, the whole situation is still a mess.