Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Evangelion coming back to CN?

Locked
WhoWantsToKnow
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 421
Joined: Jul 27, 2004 3:47pm
Gender: Male

Evangelion coming back to CN?

Post by WhoWantsToKnow »

According to an article I read over at ANN, it looks like ADV Films is gonna once again try to air Evangelion on CN.

This time, however, they're playing it smart and targeting the now-much-bolder Adult Swim. Going hot on the heels of such definitely-mature series as Samurai Champloo and Paranoia Agent, Evangelion should fit right in.

All I can say at this point is, "Good luck to you."
Directorate Jax
Visitor

re: Evangelion coming back to CN?

Post by Directorate Jax »

Bah, where's all the anime on public TV these days? I can remember when Sailor Moon and Ronin Warriors first aired on UPN back around 1993... Ah, the good ol' days. :p
WhoWantsToKnow
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 421
Joined: Jul 27, 2004 3:47pm
Gender: Male

re: Evangelion coming back to CN?

Post by WhoWantsToKnow »

I'd rather not think about it. Back then, anime wasn't given its proper respect most of the time.
Guest
Visitor

re: Evangelion coming back to CN?

Post by Guest »

Yeah, well, now it has the respect that it deserves and a number of the general public doesn't have access to any of it except Pokémon. Most unfortunate.
Directorate Jax
Visitor

re: Evangelion coming back to CN?

Post by Directorate Jax »

Appears that I wasn't logged in, heh.
Ukitake_101
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Feb 20, 2005 4:01pm
Gender: Male

re: Evangelion coming back to CN?

Post by Ukitake_101 »

Evangelion is coming on adult swim they had a preview night i believe like a week ago and they showed clips of the show it'll be premiering on October 20 on adult swim :mrgreen:
<>Bleach club 101<> Squad #13-Captain

Broken Dreams may be on par w/ a Broken Heart, but neither equals a Broken Spirit
Mistress of Yaoi
Uber Otaku
Posts: 761
Joined: Jul 06, 2005 10:01pm
Gender: Female

Re: re: Evangelion coming back to CN?

Post by Mistress of Yaoi »

Directorate Jax wrote:Bah, where's all the anime on public TV these days? I can remember when Sailor Moon and Ronin Warriors first aired on UPN back around 1993... Ah, the good ol' days. :p
i remember back to 1999 when bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040 first aired on SBS
hey AA guess who's back from the grave out of boredom, lets be friends k?
Directorate Jax
Visitor

re: Evangelion coming back to CN?

Post by Directorate Jax »

SBS? Don't believe that I've heard of that station.
URJ
Visitor

re: Evangelion coming back to CN?

Post by URJ »

Yeah Bubble Gum Crisis, I used to watch that. And also Evangelion was aired on SBS at about 1995? something like that, cause thats when I first saw it. I've taped all the episodes. I'd watched heaps of other anime before that (1995 i'm talkin about) but Evangelion was the best and had me hooked on anime since then. SBS Is an Australian Station... well I ONLY live in W.A. so I'm not sure if it reaches the East Coast.

I should really get the DVD's for Evangelion, 'cause my tapes are gonna explode soon :?
Mistress of Yaoi
Uber Otaku
Posts: 761
Joined: Jul 06, 2005 10:01pm
Gender: Female

Re: re: Evangelion coming back to CN?

Post by Mistress of Yaoi »

Directorate Jax wrote:SBS? Don't believe that I've heard of that station.
It's an australian channel
hey AA guess who's back from the grave out of boredom, lets be friends k?
Dark Wing
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 283
Joined: Mar 23, 2005 12:57pm
Gender: Male

re: Evangelion coming back to CN?

Post by Dark Wing »

I'm so glad they put this anime back on the air a new episode comes on every thursday night and repeats on late saturday nights.
I know love because I know hate, I know joy because I know sorrow, I know pleasure because I know pain, I know the value of life because I know death all to well.

"There is no shame in Love or Friendship even those of Light and Darkness know this."
Metal gear KL
Visitor

re: Evangelion coming back to CN?

Post by Metal gear KL »

well i have already seen the first 4 discs but i still need the others boo hoo oh well they air it on cn i wonder if they will cut out all the naty stuff.. oh well
Locked