Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

poll: 2016 Olympics

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.

2016 olympics

Tokyo
5
42%
Chicago
4
33%
Madrid
2
17%
Rio De Janeiro
1
8%
 
Total votes: 12

Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Anywhere but Japan. Because... ew.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Dretlin »

The Joker wrote: Anywhere but Japan. Because... ew.
How could you say that? This is simply outrageous. Never, ever start a sentence with "because".
Mik3
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 593
Joined: Nov 08, 2006 6:12am
Gender: Male

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Mik3 »

Nyx wrote:
Mik3 wrote:Id like to see it in Chi Town, since I would have a good chance to actually go
You could come sleep on my couch. :)
Sounds like a plan

Filitz wrote:I say anywhere BUT Chicago. :x Hate tourists.
Ready or not, here I come
I remembered my password.
josh :)
Uber Otaku
Posts: 740
Joined: Aug 26, 2006 12:38am
Gender: Male

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by josh :) »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
The Joker wrote: Anywhere but Japan. Because... ew.
How could you say that? This is simply outrageous. Never, ever start a sentence with "because".
nips
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
User avatar
Taylor_Chan
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 100
Joined: Apr 11, 2007 7:16am
Gender: Female

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Taylor_Chan »

Filitz wrote:I say anywhere BUT Chicago. :x Hate tourists.
Same here...
Why is love not meant for me at all? Do I deserve this?
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
josh :)
Uber Otaku
Posts: 740
Joined: Aug 26, 2006 12:38am
Gender: Male

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by josh :) »

tokyo blows


is chicago a nice place to live
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
Nyx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1996
Joined: Dec 21, 2006 2:16pm
Gender: Female

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Nyx »

Filitz wrote:I say anywhere BUT Chicago. :x Hate tourists.
But I all ready opened up my couch to tourists. :P
AA Sibs: Coin-Boy, Casual, Biki, Tyche
AA Hubbies: EL, Kura, AOH I wuv my hubbies. All 3 of them. <3
AA X-mas Pressy: Cloud AA Luv: Cold
AA Child: Dogboy, Pervert. AA Grandchild: Master InuYasha
That'll do fangirl, that'll do.
Mik3
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 593
Joined: Nov 08, 2006 6:12am
Gender: Male

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Mik3 »

Nyx wrote:
Filitz wrote:I say anywhere BUT Chicago. :x Hate tourists.
But I all ready opened up my couch to tourists. :P
Hey, im not sharing with others, that is MY couch that summer,
I remembered my password.
Nyx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1996
Joined: Dec 21, 2006 2:16pm
Gender: Female

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Nyx »

Mik3 wrote:
Nyx wrote:
Filitz wrote:I say anywhere BUT Chicago. :x Hate tourists.
But I all ready opened up my couch to tourists. :P
Hey, im not sharing with others, that is MY couch that summer,
You're a tourist, and I occasionally get that couch when I can't be bothered to drag my ass upstairs.
AA Sibs: Coin-Boy, Casual, Biki, Tyche
AA Hubbies: EL, Kura, AOH I wuv my hubbies. All 3 of them. <3
AA X-mas Pressy: Cloud AA Luv: Cold
AA Child: Dogboy, Pervert. AA Grandchild: Master InuYasha
That'll do fangirl, that'll do.
User avatar
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sep 13, 2006 5:04pm
Gender: Female

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Yuki~ »

josh wrote:They would be able to provide adequate security...
They would be able to provide adequate security only if they put the army on the streets. just like they did on Pan Americano last year (was it last year? or 2007?)
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:Not really, I mean there was what like 20 tourists murdered during the Beijing Olympics. If a city is overly violent then it would imitate the deaths of Beijing or maybe even worse.
Trust me- it can be worse than that. =P~

*yeah, I do hate my country.*
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
User avatar
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sep 13, 2006 5:04pm
Gender: Female

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Yuki~ »

josh wrote:They would be able to provide adequate security...
They would be able to provide adequate security only if they put the army on the streets. just like they did on Pan Americano last year (was it last year? or 2007?)
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:Not really, I mean there was what like 20 tourists murdered during the Beijing Olympics. If a city is overly violent then it would imitate the deaths of Beijing or maybe even worse.
Trust me- it can be worse than that. =PPP

*yeah, I do hate my country.*
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
josh :)
Uber Otaku
Posts: 740
Joined: Aug 26, 2006 12:38am
Gender: Male

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by josh :) »

nah ur an idiot check these statistics of city homicide out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RL_kS8-l3g
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
User avatar
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3604
Joined: Jun 23, 2007 7:08pm
Gender: Female

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Hardcore »

I think they should be in a different US City.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
User avatar
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sep 13, 2006 5:04pm
Gender: Female

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Yuki~ »

Did you watch the..elimination??
Rio won..

I don't know if I'm happy with that.. but I think its cool that 2014' Cup will be done here and then the 2016 olympic.

=)
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Dretlin »

Yuki wrote:Did you watch the..elimination??
Rio won..

I don't know if I'm happy with that.. but I think its cool that 2014' Cup will be done here and then the 2016 olympic.

=)
I am pleased to see a South American nation is finally hosting the games.
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Post by Athos »

I honestly don't care who gets to host. I'm curious to see which nationality turns out the most. If it's Europa, then I'd say host it in Chicago because of the exchange rate. But now that I've seen the exchange rate between the BRL and the USD, Chicagoans shouldn't complain. If they want to go watch the Olympics (or anyone else in the U.S) it's not too expensive to fly to Rio de Janeiro to watch. And from the pictures I've seen at work, its a gorgeous city. How awesome would it be to see the Christ the Redeemer statute.

Maybe that is what is wrong with Chicagoans. They need to get out of the country and let the sun shine in!
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Locked