I saw a couple contests on this site: http://www.hivepals.com/ where you share funny horror stories about meeting people offline that you met online. I have a few good ones to share – like the time I went to meet a guy – just as a friend cuz I was new in the area - and he showed up driving his tractor and dressed like an elf. I tried to make polite conversation and talk about anime and he kept showing me his holy talismans and trying to recruit me for some sort of elven war. Clearly out of balance. Maybe at least I can win something for my trouble...
Got any good stories of your own?
Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.
meeting friends online
Re: meeting friends online
I've got several dates with Athos that he owes me and Cloud and I are going to have kinky sex someday. That's all.
AA Sibs: Coin-Boy, Casual, Biki, Tyche
AA Hubbies: EL, Kura, AOH I wuv my hubbies. All 3 of them. <3
AA X-mas Pressy: Cloud AA Luv: Cold
AA Child: Dogboy, Pervert. AA Grandchild: Master InuYasha
That'll do fangirl, that'll do.
AA Hubbies: EL, Kura, AOH I wuv my hubbies. All 3 of them. <3
AA X-mas Pressy: Cloud AA Luv: Cold
AA Child: Dogboy, Pervert. AA Grandchild: Master InuYasha
That'll do fangirl, that'll do.
Re: meeting friends online
I'll warn you, I'm a steak and potatoes man...With an occasional Mexican/Italian/Greek/Asian fetishes. (Ahh, good ol' California variety.)
Member of the ModSquad 
Re: meeting friends online
Heheh, I think meeting people over forums is way easier than over, say, Craigslist. Oddly, all of the dating I've done online has worked out fine. It's finding platonic friends just to hang out with that I haven't had much luck with. I might use HivePals because it's designed for finding platonic friends/interest partners and they have a feedback system (like ebay) on their profiles, at least that's some security that the person is genuine. Also they allow you to tie your profile in to your PayPal billing information, so that's a good measure as well.
Of course, I've also had friends I met offline - in the real world, that later turned out to be crazy. One of my friends was a compulsive liar and made up her whole life. She pretended to be a teacher and one day she disappeared. Her family and boyfriend and friends (including me) mounted a search party, and we unraveled all her lies (like, we called the school everyone thought she worked at, and they were like "No, we've never had a teacher by that name, we don't even teach that subject here.")... she showed up three days later locked in the trunk of her own car (alive, but dehydrated). I had thought she was a sane, sweet, teacher....
Of course, I've also had friends I met offline - in the real world, that later turned out to be crazy. One of my friends was a compulsive liar and made up her whole life. She pretended to be a teacher and one day she disappeared. Her family and boyfriend and friends (including me) mounted a search party, and we unraveled all her lies (like, we called the school everyone thought she worked at, and they were like "No, we've never had a teacher by that name, we don't even teach that subject here.")... she showed up three days later locked in the trunk of her own car (alive, but dehydrated). I had thought she was a sane, sweet, teacher....
Re: meeting friends online
It's usually a rule of thumb you should never meet people online--at least not by yourself. If you plan to do it, bring a wing person and meet in a public place.
Member of the ModSquad 
Re: meeting friends online
My ex.
Uh, I don't even want to go into it.
Uh, I don't even want to go into it.
"Turn on your shine and hold me near"
Re: meeting friends online
Dr. Dre and I were going to go see each other downtown. But I'm going to go to the zoo.
AA Sibs: Coin-Boy, Casual, Biki, Tyche
AA Hubbies: EL, Kura, AOH I wuv my hubbies. All 3 of them. <3
AA X-mas Pressy: Cloud AA Luv: Cold
AA Child: Dogboy, Pervert. AA Grandchild: Master InuYasha
That'll do fangirl, that'll do.
AA Hubbies: EL, Kura, AOH I wuv my hubbies. All 3 of them. <3
AA X-mas Pressy: Cloud AA Luv: Cold
AA Child: Dogboy, Pervert. AA Grandchild: Master InuYasha
That'll do fangirl, that'll do.
- Sasami Jurai
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Feb 19, 2005 5:11pm
- Gender: Female
Re: meeting friends online
I can easily meet Zack Attack (who lives only ten minutes away from me) and Athos in person. 
Goooo S.C.s!! ;D
Goooo S.C.s!! ;D
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~
There is a light that never goes out~
Re: meeting friends online
Isn't meeting people you met online in IRL a little sad? 
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want 

