Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

World Without Men

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male

World Without Men

Post by Dretlin »

As genetics and biotechnology strides forward down the path the human "perfection" - I came across an intriguing topic - not once- nor twice - but several times.

If the title provides no hint, I of course mean a world where men are no longer needed. Women can have a child. Without a male counterpart. No relationship required.

While this is already not a (completely) unheard of method of pregnancy in the 21st century, sperm banks - for example - still require a male donation. What if that was removed and no donation was needed to begin with? Tailor made children without the male?

Personally, I find the idea fascinating. I would also understand men of less stature would be threatened by this idea. I would rather embrace it.

Mankind can only move in one direction for progress - if men are encumbering the human race - then men! We must stand aside!

While this is of course a very extreme view (of which I am very well aware), how far could this go? Could perhaps the female no longer be needed once the male has long since been removed?
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: World Without Men

Post by Athos »

But are men encumbering progress of the human race? I don't think so. Also, it doesn't seem egalitarian, prima face. There is a book in which was released sometime back (I can't remember it now) it was written by a woman and she had made a case that was kind of like this, but only applying to the topic of governance. When I go into work, I'll have to go and see if I can find it.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male

Re: World Without Men

Post by Dretlin »

Athos wrote:But are men encumbering progress of the human race? I don't think so. Also, it doesn't seem egalitarian, prima face. There is a book in which was released sometime back (I can't remember it now) it was written by a woman and she had made a case that was kind of like this, but only applying to the topic of governance. When I go into work, I'll have to go and see if I can find it.
If you could find that resource you mentioned, that would be useful.

While I do find this issue is an ethical minefield, I am assuming this author does suggest men are encumbering the human race?
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: World Without Men

Post by Athos »

Surprisingly, no. She had said that her book was about sharing power, equally with men. I can't recall the reasons why women shouldn't solely be in power.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: World Without Men

Post by Athos »

I found the book. It is called (rather ironically) "Why Women Should Rule the World" by Dee Dee Myers. She worked for the White House as a press secretary, and a political analyst. EAN/ISBN: 9780061140419 (paperback format).
Member of the ModSquad 8)
The Brown-Eyed Boy
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1700
Joined: Feb 21, 2007 12:53pm

Re: World Without Men

Post by The Brown-Eyed Boy »

i think that it would be a good thing. guys like me, really smart but extremely lazy, are hindering the human race because we have no motivation. and i have always seen that this is a lot more common in men than women.

i think that the only problem with a world run by women, is that there would be a problem every week due to PMSing((im kidding.....its a sexist joke, i know but im kidding none-the-less))

i think the world would be a better place if there werent men in the world. a lot of men still have some pretty sexist views of women, and only see them as objects for sex. men can be heartless among other detestable things. But there are some rare men who actually see women as people and on equal grounds as they would see other men. And then there are guys like me who view women on higher ground than men because i think that most men are scum bags.
Name: Tucker
Age: 21
Zero says: Everything is FAAABULOUS!!!!!
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: World Without Men

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Girls could mess [censored] up just like any guy. The only thing is, the current power structure lends itself to (white) men. If any other condition existed, giving any other group power, the conditions would remain similar if not the same. As one of my favorite quotes says "until the power of love overpowers love of power, the world will always be a sad place.



You should totally read a comic book series called Y the last men dretty. In the series, all the men die of some mysterious disease, except for the main character.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male

Re: World Without Men

Post by Dretlin »

The Joker wrote: Girls could mess [censored] up just like any guy. The only thing is, the current power structure lends itself to (white) men.
In the west.

There is no such thing as white culture; it is a term that makes little sense. I am not suggesting you implied this in anyway.

I have met plenty of foul females in my time - I have also met many vile males.

Say for example, this did become a possibility - that indeed men were no longer needed. Would you stand in the way?
Baby Duck
Uber Otaku
Posts: 910
Joined: Jan 12, 2007 3:16pm
Gender: Male

Re: World Without Men

Post by Baby Duck »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:


Say for example, this did become a possibility - that indeed men were no longer needed. Would you stand in the way?
Yes, because unlike you I'd like to live, regardless of people needing me or not. (That's what people call being human.)








I don't really know/care about how the world would run without one gender or the other, I just know it'd be a [censored] boring one.
May the mountains rise against you
May the forests block your path
May your axes chip and shatter
And know it is my Wrath
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male

Re: World Without Men

Post by Dretlin »

Baby Duck wrote: Yes, because unlike you I'd like to live, regardless of people needing me or not. (That's what people call being human.)
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote: While this is of course a very extreme view (of which I am very well aware)
Being human can not be universally defined, nor our experience.
Baby Duck
Uber Otaku
Posts: 910
Joined: Jan 12, 2007 3:16pm
Gender: Male

Re: World Without Men

Post by Baby Duck »

But being a philosophical douche can.
May the mountains rise against you
May the forests block your path
May your axes chip and shatter
And know it is my Wrath
User avatar
Bacchikoi Baby!!!
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 156
Joined: Oct 20, 2009 8:35pm

Re: World Without Men

Post by Bacchikoi Baby!!! »

lets see, i would get in the way cuz i wanna live too. but, keep in mind this is a douche move, but if i could make a deal so that i die during sex, then i wouldnt complain
Temporally using until further notice.
poopy
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: World Without Men

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
The Joker wrote: Girls could mess [censored] up just like any guy. The only thing is, the current power structure lends itself to (white) men.
In the west.

There is no such thing as white culture; it is a term that makes little sense. I am not suggesting you implied this in anyway.

I have met plenty of foul females in my time - I have also met many vile males.

Say for example, this did become a possibility - that indeed men were no longer needed. Would you stand in the way?
Even if such a system existed, white men have the power in the world. And I do mean world. I know that like you're thinking of Asian countries, but besides china, and North Korea, world powers are headed by white people. I'm not blaming on hating on them, it's just the way that it worked out, even if men were considered unnecessary, you'd have to drastically change the power structure. Because I'm male, I have many advantages over females. Plus there's sexual orientation, unless they were able to change that, and I doubt most females would be willing, they'd still have to find a use for us.

That being sad, if somehow all those conditions were reversed. I'd slaughter them all like zombies.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Baby Duck
Uber Otaku
Posts: 910
Joined: Jan 12, 2007 3:16pm
Gender: Male

Re: World Without Men

Post by Baby Duck »

Hey, where are zombies in this scenario? What if all the men turned to zombies and then the women had to survive on their own and fight those carnal urges that only men could satisfy. Now that is an interesting hypothetical!
May the mountains rise against you
May the forests block your path
May your axes chip and shatter
And know it is my Wrath
User avatar
Bacchikoi Baby!!!
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 156
Joined: Oct 20, 2009 8:35pm

Re: World Without Men

Post by Bacchikoi Baby!!! »

And!!!!!!! Wait theres more!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtYdDK1uTDI
But that has nothing to do with this topic.
If men turned into zombies, I would be hiding in the vent system, like paul blart and jump out at the women and say "I'm the last man on earth. Can I please you for 30 minutes?"
Temporally using until further notice.
poopy
Baby Duck
Uber Otaku
Posts: 910
Joined: Jan 12, 2007 3:16pm
Gender: Male

Re: World Without Men

Post by Baby Duck »

I would just pretend to be a zombie and attack a woman, after a while she'd be like, "Heyyyyy, you're not a zombie!" XD
May the mountains rise against you
May the forests block your path
May your axes chip and shatter
And know it is my Wrath
Locked