Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.
what songs can you play/learning to play?
- ANGEL OF HELL
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1274
- Joined: Jun 22, 2005 2:15pm
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
what songs can you play/learning to play?
this is something ive been just wondering about fer a while. what can you play? what are you learning? you can also post the tabs if ya want.right now im learning this really freakin hard song that i got on guitar and now trying to play it on bass. its really pissing me off though.
tabs: http://www.911tabs.com/link/?2213701
theres not much to the song but its really freakin fast and hard. also feel free to help others out.
tabs: http://www.911tabs.com/link/?2213701
theres not much to the song but its really freakin fast and hard. also feel free to help others out.
"Somebody's been Funk'n with my Funk! Funk'n 'round Funk'n with it untill they Funk it up! (Don't Funk with my Funk!)" - Bootsy Collins and the RubberFans
Nyx is the wife, ya digg?
Nyx is the wife, ya digg?
-
Captain Corkscrew
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: Mar 02, 2005 8:03am
re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
Where's Dretlin when you need him... lol... I play snare dums in a marching band. Don't youd are laugh, I'd liek to see you march in step, play and look forward at all times. I also play glockenspiel. You have to play both to get levels in Cadets... lol.
I can play:
Jolly Piper (both)
Saints Go Marching In (glockenspiel only)
Ode To Joy (both)
Sticks/Swords (snare only)
O'Canada(both)
God Save The Queen (both)
I can play:
Jolly Piper (both)
Saints Go Marching In (glockenspiel only)
Ode To Joy (both)
Sticks/Swords (snare only)
O'Canada(both)
God Save The Queen (both)
People are people, and I am me; I however, am better then people.
- ANGEL OF HELL
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1274
- Joined: Jun 22, 2005 2:15pm
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
lol i wouldent laugh at that. the drummer for me band is in marching band so it helps him get better. he's only been playing for a year and hes better than everyone i know! and everyone i know is freakin good! some people think he could be a pro drummer by the time hes 18!
"Somebody's been Funk'n with my Funk! Funk'n 'round Funk'n with it untill they Funk it up! (Don't Funk with my Funk!)" - Bootsy Collins and the RubberFans
Nyx is the wife, ya digg?
Nyx is the wife, ya digg?
re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
Right now I'm trying to figure out the rest of the tabs for the Metal Gear Solid theme. A friend that just graduated helped me figure most of it out and now I'm trying to work out the sound on my electric if anyone happens to know it please send me the link. Peace out.
-
Captain Corkscrew
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: Mar 02, 2005 8:03am
re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
it does help too^^ Also help with different tempos too... cause yer mind goes at the snare tempo, but yer feet go at the tempo of the base drum... lol Stickin' is fun^^ Specaily on teh march when you have time all this tuff right and not lose yer sticks... lol fun time fun times
People are people, and I am me; I however, am better then people.
-
Pink Supervisor|EL
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 5579
- Joined: Jul 20, 2005 10:34pm
- Gender: Male
re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
um... i know the beggining of chop suey... and oh come all ye faith full... and yankee doodle on the guitar... can play most lotr songs on the piano and have a dysney music for the piano as well...
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
-
Mrs. Vengeance
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 3358
- Joined: Jul 16, 2005 8:21am
- Gender: Female
re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
I'm learning The Birthday Massacre's "Happy Birthday". 
Not giving a f*ck since '91.
My baloney has a first name, it's -OMNOMNOMNOM-"
"There is hope to guide me. I will survive living in a world with you..."
"I remain in shadows growing wings..."
My baloney has a first name, it's -OMNOMNOMNOM-"
"There is hope to guide me. I will survive living in a world with you..."
"I remain in shadows growing wings..."
-
Captain Jack Sparrow
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Sep 12, 2005 5:06pm
- Gender: Male
re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
Guitar and some Bass and I know how to play Toxicity by System Of A Down,American Idiot by Green Day,The Beggining Of B.Y.O.B and some parts of the song by System Of A Down, I know how to do the song of Unholy Confessions except the solo By Avenged Sevenfold and basically I play whatever song is challenging for me 
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) Lance-Corporal 兵長 Heichō
Cherry Darling is my awesome AA Sister
Mew Vanilla's Personal Bodyguard :]
Bambi = My Pimp >:P Biki and Hikaru. = My Wives ;D
Zack Attack is my Puerto Rican brutha
Cherry Darling is my awesome AA Sister
Mew Vanilla's Personal Bodyguard :]
Bambi = My Pimp >:P Biki and Hikaru. = My Wives ;D
Zack Attack is my Puerto Rican brutha
-
La Tua Cantante
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 5600
- Joined: Jun 29, 2005 3:39pm
- Gender: Female
- Contact:
Re: re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
Iero Way wrote:Guitar and some Bass and I know how to play Toxicity by System Of A Down,American Idiot by Green Day,The Beggining Of B.Y.O.B and some parts of the song by System Of A Down, I know how to do the song of Unholy Confessions except the solo By Avenged Sevenfold and basically I play whatever song is challenging for me
Wow, System of a Down and Avenged Sevenfold are really fast at guitar. Glad you are talented enough to play those songs^-^
I can't play anything, well, I play the flute (doh-.-''
But other than that I have no musical talent with instruments. I would like to learn how to play guitar and piano. The guitar part of 'Broken' (By Seether) and the piano part to 'Give Unto Me' (By Evanescence) ^-^
I want your lungs to stop working without me.
<3Love has no limits
<3Love has no limits
re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
I can play Doombringer with Nasum. Download the song, and you will se how fast it is.
- ANGEL OF HELL
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1274
- Joined: Jun 22, 2005 2:15pm
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
thats awsome. i can play every song from waking the fallen except the begining to "eternal rest", on guitar. i have also learned them all on bass as well. now for drums...Iero Way wrote:Guitar and some Bass and I know how to play Toxicity by System Of A Down,American Idiot by Green Day,The Beggining Of B.Y.O.B and some parts of the song by System Of A Down, I know how to do the song of Unholy Confessions except the solo By Avenged Sevenfold and basically I play whatever song is challenging for me
"Somebody's been Funk'n with my Funk! Funk'n 'round Funk'n with it untill they Funk it up! (Don't Funk with my Funk!)" - Bootsy Collins and the RubberFans
Nyx is the wife, ya digg?
Nyx is the wife, ya digg?
-
Pyrokinetic Singer
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1400
- Joined: Aug 10, 2005 6:53pm
re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
I only sing.But I'm good at it.
Member of the RPers clan!
...under a rasberry moon, I dance.
...under a rasberry moon, I dance.
re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
Hey. I play guitar, I've been playing for a little more than half a year now.
My main influence to start playing was Iron Maiden. So I can play lots and lots of songs by them.
I'll list some of them:
Ghost of the Navigator, The Wicker Man, Fear of the Dark, Aces high, No More Lies, Wasting Love, The Evil that men do, Dream of Mirrors, and more. I can play some of the solos to those songs.
Its just a matter of being motivated to learn them. To learn a solo it takes a while, you have to remember all the notes etc, but I'm beginning to just play them by feel now. Hope you all follow...
I can play a load of oher songs by other bands. I dont learn whole songs all the time, as a lot of some songs are just powerchords and well, they are boring to play.
Some songs I have learnt everything on guitar to are Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, I could have Lied by Red hot chilli peppers,
I can play lots of songs. Or parts neway lol. Just whatever i can be bothered learning.
I compose my own songs too.
My main influence to start playing was Iron Maiden. So I can play lots and lots of songs by them.
I'll list some of them:
Ghost of the Navigator, The Wicker Man, Fear of the Dark, Aces high, No More Lies, Wasting Love, The Evil that men do, Dream of Mirrors, and more. I can play some of the solos to those songs.
Its just a matter of being motivated to learn them. To learn a solo it takes a while, you have to remember all the notes etc, but I'm beginning to just play them by feel now. Hope you all follow...
I can play a load of oher songs by other bands. I dont learn whole songs all the time, as a lot of some songs are just powerchords and well, they are boring to play.
Some songs I have learnt everything on guitar to are Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, I could have Lied by Red hot chilli peppers,
I can play lots of songs. Or parts neway lol. Just whatever i can be bothered learning.
I compose my own songs too.
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
Hey dude. I had a look at the bass tab. I dont play bass, but as a guitarist i can help you...i think.ANGEL OF HELL wrote:this is something ive been just wondering about fer a while. what can you play? what are you learning? you can also post the tabs if ya want.right now im learning this really freakin hard song that i got on guitar and now trying to play it on bass. its really pissing me off though.
tabs: http://www.911tabs.com/link/?2213701
theres not much to the song but its really freakin fast and hard. also feel free to help others out.
The fretting hand for that song is very simple and the notes repeat. If you fretting hand has trouble moving fast enough just practice it more and more! lol
Its fast you say? Well do you know how to alternate pick? If not learn too. Google it and learn off the net, or ask your guitar/bass teacher.
I will quickly tell you what alternate picking is here though:
Its when your picking hand (you do use a pick right?) alternates between upstrokes and downstrokes.
upstroke - downstroke -upstroke -downstroke- upstroke etc
I'll try and help you more later on if your still having trouble. If you dont understand something I said just tell me and I will try to further explain.
Maybe you could go to a guitar forum and ask there.
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
- ANGEL OF HELL
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1274
- Joined: Jun 22, 2005 2:15pm
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
thanks man. i use a pick on fast songs and i usually play alternate picking with a pick. but even this song is REALLY HARD to play the begining. ill look for a link so you can here it...
"Somebody's been Funk'n with my Funk! Funk'n 'round Funk'n with it untill they Funk it up! (Don't Funk with my Funk!)" - Bootsy Collins and the RubberFans
Nyx is the wife, ya digg?
Nyx is the wife, ya digg?
-
Pyro Psycho
- Moderator

- Posts: 4110
- Joined: Apr 17, 2005 6:10pm
- Gender: Female
re: what songs can you play/learning to play?
Im learing to play drums but Im still no good at it -.-
i told yuo about stares dog
