Anybody watch? Its my absolute favorite anime, and my avatar/icon thingy sorta reflects that. See, tis Hakkai. Cool.
Okay, to get the conversation rolling, Favorite episode? Character? Catchphrase?
I know mine are 37, Hakkai, and i have a fave conversation... it occurs at the very beginning of episode 2 where Gojyo wants gou to get him a beer and he wont... and it goes on.
Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.
Gensomaden Saiyuki
-
Sneakas0816
- Ramen Slurping Otaku
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Dec 16, 2007 9:02pm
- Gender: Female
Gensomaden Saiyuki
*~*~*~*~Fan of the super-awesome Winchester Brothers~*~*~*~*
- Elf Princess Warrior
- Full Metal Otaku
- Posts: 323
- Joined: Sep 01, 2007 7:54pm
Re: Gensomaden Saiyuki
I have read the first volume of the manga, and have seen some episodes from season 3. I really like Saiyuki also, and I want to see the whole series! I just have to save some money, but it is cool that there is someone else who likes Saiyuki.
-
Sneakas0816
- Ramen Slurping Otaku
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Dec 16, 2007 9:02pm
- Gender: Female
Re: Gensomaden Saiyuki
Yeah; i bought the entire Gensomaden set the day after christmas. It's truly an amazing series. i've only read the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd though.
*~*~*~*~Fan of the super-awesome Winchester Brothers~*~*~*~*
- Elf Princess Warrior
- Full Metal Otaku
- Posts: 323
- Joined: Sep 01, 2007 7:54pm
Re: Gensomaden Saiyuki
Awesome! So you have the whole series? I agree, I find it truly amazing as well. As for the manga, there are 9 volumes. Don't worry, I'm more behind than you are, with just volume 1. And by the way, I really lie your avatar! Hakkai looks so cool.
-
Sneakas0816
- Ramen Slurping Otaku
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Dec 16, 2007 9:02pm
- Gender: Female
Re: Gensomaden Saiyuki
Thanks. wow, it's been SO long since i've on these forums it almost seems strange to pick up a conversation now 0_o yeah i attended my first Convention last September, and brought my Manga collection up to 8! Even got the 6th one signed by Kogaiji's VA and the 7th by Koumyo ^.^
I think what attracts me to Saiyuki so much is the artwork, i mean, it's absolutley beautiful. I've even taken to reading some of Minekura-sama's other works (like Wild Adapter and Honey Comb; Bus Gamer is coming in the mail too) because how amazing the characters look.
I think what attracts me to Saiyuki so much is the artwork, i mean, it's absolutley beautiful. I've even taken to reading some of Minekura-sama's other works (like Wild Adapter and Honey Comb; Bus Gamer is coming in the mail too) because how amazing the characters look.
*~*~*~*~Fan of the super-awesome Winchester Brothers~*~*~*~*
- Elf Princess Warrior
- Full Metal Otaku
- Posts: 323
- Joined: Sep 01, 2007 7:54pm
Re: Gensomaden Saiyuki
I admit, that's probably why I picked up Saiyuki too. Wow, you even got Kogaji's VA autograph? That's cool! I got an autograph by Vic Mignogn, the voice of Edward Elric of Fullmetal Alchemist, but unfortunitly, I had nothing for him to autograph, so I had him autograph my purse. The ink is starting to fade, so now I know for next time to bring a manga or DVD volume or a picture of the character they play.
Minekura's artwork is unique.
Minekura's artwork is unique.
-
Sneakas0816
- Ramen Slurping Otaku
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Dec 16, 2007 9:02pm
- Gender: Female
Re: Gensomaden Saiyuki
I actually spent like 3weeks before throwing everything around trying to decide what to get autographed, and i never did find anything. I'm just lucky i decided to buy some of the manga while i was there i guess. didn't occur to me until after i got there i could have had Chris (Patton, there's like 4 Chris' in voice acting o_O) and Vic sign my boxed set. oops. My friend had Chris sign her bag, and shes really sad now because Permanent Ink isn't as permanent as it should be...
But yeah, She's also got great attention to detail. The backgrounds in just about every panel are like... perfect or something.
But yeah, She's also got great attention to detail. The backgrounds in just about every panel are like... perfect or something.
*~*~*~*~Fan of the super-awesome Winchester Brothers~*~*~*~*
- Elf Princess Warrior
- Full Metal Otaku
- Posts: 323
- Joined: Sep 01, 2007 7:54pm
Re: Gensomaden Saiyuki
Yeah, and I think it's neat that she wrote a story based on a Chinese tale, and put her own spin on the story.
Re: Gensomaden Saiyuki
I really like Saiyuki. I kinda like all the characters and I don't really have a favorite episode but anytime they make fun of one of the main characters is my favorite part of the episode. Although, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE Sanzo's giant paper fan. I'm always waiting for it to appear.
愛することは住むことである。
To love is to live.
To love is to live.
-
Sneakas0816
- Ramen Slurping Otaku
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Dec 16, 2007 9:02pm
- Gender: Female
Re: Gensomaden Saiyuki
To me, That fan just screams "obey me or die" lol, i love it.
*~*~*~*~Fan of the super-awesome Winchester Brothers~*~*~*~*
