Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

i was wondering...

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Athos »

Depends what you mean by "ridiculous." If you mean over $3/gal. it's possible. Gas prices are continuing to fall, but you will see a definite increase. I haven't checked to see how long or even why they said to make a cut in production....If I were President, I'd be at least going around OPEC by creating some kind of treaty (contract) to buy from some country that has oil, and is willing to sell it to us for a cheaper price. That way, competition is introduced into the oil market, which would lower prices of gas and create a big market. Jobs would be opening up, new businesses would be booming, it does really seem to the best thing that can be done. (Edit: It would also be beneficial to both countries).
Member of the ModSquad 8)
+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 427
Joined: Nov 01, 2008 11:21pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

urr, I'm Australian, so I don't exactly know how much a galleon is, but in Australia its been around 1.60/litre which is a fair bit can anyone tell me if thats alot, compared to the American fuel prices.
High wire escape artist
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Athos »

perpetualsorrowX wrote:urr, I'm Australian, so I don't exactly know how much a galleon is, but in Australia its been around 1.60/litre which is a fair bit can anyone tell me if thats alot, compared to the American fuel prices.
Basically, it'd be $3.71 (AUD) for 3.79 litres.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2471
Joined: Jan 30, 2007 8:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by scorpionwarrior »

perpetualsorrowX wrote:urr, I'm Australian, so I don't exactly know how much a galleon is, but in Australia its been around 1.60/litre which is a fair bit can anyone tell me if thats alot, compared to the American fuel prices.
-.- Just cause you're Australian doesn't mean you shouldn't know what a gallon is. We use gallons as well >.>
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Freddie Mercury
Newbie Otaku
Posts: 12
Joined: Nov 09, 2008 4:53pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Freddie Mercury »

These bastards need a good old stomping.
I can't believe I got replaced By Paul Rodgers :(
+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 427
Joined: Nov 01, 2008 11:21pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

scorpionwarrior wrote:
perpetualsorrowX wrote:urr, I'm Australian, so I don't exactly know how much a galleon is, but in Australia its been around 1.60/litre which is a fair bit can anyone tell me if thats alot, compared to the American fuel prices.
-.- Just cause you're Australian doesn't mean you shouldn't know what a gallon is. We use gallons as well >.>
we dont use it in average day lives, how often do you go down to the petrol station and ever hear mention of the word Gallon.? thats what I thought
High wire escape artist
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2471
Joined: Jan 30, 2007 8:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by scorpionwarrior »

No one goes down to a petrol station and says that XD. Unless you were ordering a gallon of petrol you have no need to
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Athos »

You learn something new everyday. >_>
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Gas is around 1.92 a gallon in New Jersey where I live.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

it's around ¥133 per liter here. I think that's roughly ¥500 per gallon
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Athos »

Wow, that's expensive.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
User avatar
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sep 13, 2006 5:04pm
Gender: Female

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Yuki~ »

I think it's around R$2
but im not sure.
i know it's quite expensive
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Athos »

for how much? Gallon, litre?
Member of the ModSquad 8)
User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Yea it's quite expensive here and is still going up :(
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Doctor
Baka Otaku
Posts: 8
Joined: Nov 02, 2008 1:47am
Gender: Male

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Doctor »

America has the cheapest fuel.
...what shall I prescribe....
User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female

Re: i was wondering...

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Doctor wrote:America has the cheapest fuel.
They should share then. lol
wish I could get some even at a decent price. These prices are ridiculous.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Locked