According to an article I read over at ANN, it looks like ADV Films is gonna once again try to air Evangelion on CN.
This time, however, they're playing it smart and targeting the now-much-bolder Adult Swim. Going hot on the heels of such definitely-mature series as Samurai Champloo and Paranoia Agent, Evangelion should fit right in.
All I can say at this point is, "Good luck to you."
Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.
Evangelion coming back to CN?
-
WhoWantsToKnow
- Dragon Master Otaku
- Posts: 421
- Joined: Jul 27, 2004 3:47pm
- Gender: Male
-
Directorate Jax
- Visitor
re: Evangelion coming back to CN?
Bah, where's all the anime on public TV these days? I can remember when Sailor Moon and Ronin Warriors first aired on UPN back around 1993... Ah, the good ol' days. :p
-
WhoWantsToKnow
- Dragon Master Otaku
- Posts: 421
- Joined: Jul 27, 2004 3:47pm
- Gender: Male
re: Evangelion coming back to CN?
I'd rather not think about it. Back then, anime wasn't given its proper respect most of the time.
-
Guest
- Visitor
re: Evangelion coming back to CN?
Yeah, well, now it has the respect that it deserves and a number of the general public doesn't have access to any of it except Pokémon. Most unfortunate.
-
Ukitake_101
- Full Metal Otaku
- Posts: 279
- Joined: Feb 20, 2005 4:01pm
- Gender: Male
re: Evangelion coming back to CN?
Evangelion is coming on adult swim they had a preview night i believe like a week ago and they showed clips of the show it'll be premiering on October 20 on adult swim 
<>Bleach club 101<> Squad #13-Captain
Broken Dreams may be on par w/ a Broken Heart, but neither equals a Broken Spirit
Broken Dreams may be on par w/ a Broken Heart, but neither equals a Broken Spirit
-
Mistress of Yaoi
- Uber Otaku
- Posts: 761
- Joined: Jul 06, 2005 10:01pm
- Gender: Female
Re: re: Evangelion coming back to CN?
i remember back to 1999 when bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040 first aired on SBSDirectorate Jax wrote:Bah, where's all the anime on public TV these days? I can remember when Sailor Moon and Ronin Warriors first aired on UPN back around 1993... Ah, the good ol' days. :p
hey AA guess who's back from the grave out of boredom, lets be friends k?
-
Directorate Jax
- Visitor
re: Evangelion coming back to CN?
SBS? Don't believe that I've heard of that station.
-
URJ
- Visitor
re: Evangelion coming back to CN?
Yeah Bubble Gum Crisis, I used to watch that. And also Evangelion was aired on SBS at about 1995? something like that, cause thats when I first saw it. I've taped all the episodes. I'd watched heaps of other anime before that (1995 i'm talkin about) but Evangelion was the best and had me hooked on anime since then. SBS Is an Australian Station... well I ONLY live in W.A. so I'm not sure if it reaches the East Coast.
I should really get the DVD's for Evangelion, 'cause my tapes are gonna explode soon
I should really get the DVD's for Evangelion, 'cause my tapes are gonna explode soon
-
Mistress of Yaoi
- Uber Otaku
- Posts: 761
- Joined: Jul 06, 2005 10:01pm
- Gender: Female
Re: re: Evangelion coming back to CN?
It's an australian channelDirectorate Jax wrote:SBS? Don't believe that I've heard of that station.
hey AA guess who's back from the grave out of boredom, lets be friends k?
re: Evangelion coming back to CN?
I'm so glad they put this anime back on the air a new episode comes on every thursday night and repeats on late saturday nights.
I know love because I know hate, I know joy because I know sorrow, I know pleasure because I know pain, I know the value of life because I know death all to well.
"There is no shame in Love or Friendship even those of Light and Darkness know this."
"There is no shame in Love or Friendship even those of Light and Darkness know this."
-
Metal gear KL
- Visitor
re: Evangelion coming back to CN?
well i have already seen the first 4 discs but i still need the others boo hoo oh well they air it on cn i wonder if they will cut out all the naty stuff.. oh well
